Sign in to follow this  
Simicro

PropStrike Quatam River and 10+ helipads?

Hi,

This scenery seems to be THE bush scenery both for GA and helis flyers.

https://propstrikestudio.com/products/quatam-river-airport

The product page says:

* 2 airfields.
* 10+ helipads.
* 10+ Bush plane landing spots.

Only a few are mentioned in the map of the manual:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/17RiNU_NU5IZ6j93mLFe5D2Bsttr_Pag2/view

If you own this scenery can you please confirm the figures?

I imagine that the developers willingly did not put on the map all airfields, strips and helipads so that the user find them. Kind of "treasure hunt"?

- TONY -

Hi Tony,

I own the scenery and i can confirm the map, but i haven´t found all Helipads and landing spots.

It´s a great scenery and worth the money. If you buy it, i would also suggest to buy CYBD by Beti-X, because it´s also fantastic and close to Quatam.

Hello Nils,

I bought Quantam River and indeed have not found yet the numerous other helipads and landing strips other than those mentioned on the map.

I'll email the developer soon.

Thanks for you suggestion for CYBD by Beti-X, it'll probably be my next one.

- TONY -

Those two sceneries are the best addons for XP as far as I’m concerned. 

31 minutes ago, Griphos said:

Those two sceneries are the best addons for XP as far as I’m concerned. 

You don´t have the Faroes 😉

Oh, wow. You guys were so right about CYBD by Beti-X. I've really gotten into flying the Bell 407 by Dreamfoil and am always looking for some interesting areas. I stumbled on this conversation in connection with Quantum River and took the hint about CYBD.

CYBD just has a quality about it ... perhaps it's the near photorealism of the scenery, particularly the houses below nestled in the trees, or the time of day, I don't know, but I could have just lazily flown up the valley all day.

My hat is off to the Beti-X designers (and, no, I'm not related to any of them, LOL). Thanks for the effort.

John, S. Indiana

Response to my request to the devs for the locations of the helipads and landing spots:

Spoiler

Yea the helipads shown in the manuals map is just the biggest or most maintained of the helipads but many more can be found by just exploring. The helipads you will see in the terrain are wooden often made of logs and usually located on the side of hills where trees have been cleared by logging workers. The bush plane landing spots we mentioned are mostly along the river sandbars but there is also a clearing to the south-east of the watchtower suitable for a Super Cub. I have attached a few images of the locations although I can't promise that is all of them ;).

Things marked with green can be seen on the regular map for reference but I haven't added the landing spots and helipads that are shown on the manuals map.

QuatamRiver.jpg

FireWatchTower.jpg

MohCreek.jpg

Edited by Simicro
  • Like 2

- TONY -