Sign in to follow this  
airbusa

Convert ICAO.txt to XMLVersion 12.17

Hello Kik,

is it possible to include the converter for the old airport files to the mainprogramm again?

I was long time not using the programm update them and now I cannot convert all my "old" files, because functionality was disabeld some versions ago.

I will start with my old files and update them step by step.

Thanks.

Best regards Oliver

Hello Oliver,

No that's not possible I'm afraid.

However, I strongly recommend to forget about your old files and to start fresh again. These old files miss the radius information for each gate, something that is new in the .xml version and very important for getting the right types parked,

If you start with the files generate for your airports by ParkPosGenerator 8.1, PSXseeconTraffic will automatically update these files with real live parking information. Just let it run for a day or two and you will have a file that is much, much better then your old manually created file.

Nico 

I can see some problem with this overtime, regarding GA aviation. I like having GA airplanes in the GA ramps, as every airport has GA movements.

As of now, only the ADS-B traffic will get the data to the xml file, given that said traffic has the Mode S turned on at the gate. Most GA airplanes don't have Mode S, thus won't ever be packed at a GA ramp.

If we can edit the xml, then no problem.

Edited by Guevorkyan

Santiago de Larminat

Yes you can edit the XML files and add gates with aircraft just like you could in the txt version. The format of the XML file is described in the Manual.

Make sure that what you add manually gets attribute real  = false.

Edited by kiek
  • Like 1

I have a question this ICAO Xml file where I put it in the psx seccon traffic folder I have some doubts I read the manual but I do not understand a bit the subject where to place them

in the parked_updates folder.