Sign in to follow this  
abranpuko

question about parking percentage

Hello, I have some doubts and I would like to know if it is possible to solve them.
If, for example, I have the "parking percentage" = 60, that means that at that airport only 60 percent of the total number of aircraft would have been stationed. If at that moment an airplane lands and prepares to go to a gate, and no other has left another gate, what happens to the one that has landed?
If I wanted an airport to have the real live number of parked airplanes, I would have to leave it empty and wait one day for it to fill up, (and that does not bother me), but what percentage should I put in if I wanted to do that?
Thank you very much, I hope you have explained me well.
a hug

8 hours ago, abranpuko said:

If, for example, I have the "parking percentage" = 60, that means that at that airport only 60 percent of the total number of aircraft would have been stationed. If at that moment an airplane lands and prepares to go to a gate, and no other has left another gate, what happens to the one that has landed?

No, Parking percentage = 60 means that on average 60% of the parking positions will have an aircraft parked.

The one that has landed wiill get parked, no problem. 

8 hours ago, abranpuko said:

If I wanted an airport to have the real live number of parked airplanes

That is not easy to achieve completely, while  aircraft only switch on their transponder when they leave the gate, not when they are parked. So I miss the information about aircraft that will say depart within an hour. 

However, with the self learning capacity of PSXseeconTraffic, the airport file will show what airlines are parked at what gate with what type of aircraft and at what hours. PSXseeconTraffic will automatically put aircraft at gates that fit this information, so it will look pretty much like real, but it is not 100% real.

Edited by kiek

thanks for your answer!

so...

Understanding that the percentage of airplanes in an airport goes up and down according to several circumstances, which one is recommended? If I want to start from an empty airport that is gradually filling up with planes that reach it, what percentage should I put? the zero?

🙂

Edited by abranpuko