Sign in to follow this  
Taylor Suid

How to install AI repaints?

Hello Avsimmers, I just got Ultimate Traffic Live for FSX and downloaded FLAI AI traffic  and I tried installing a few custom AI repaints and I seem to have no luck with them. For example I tried to install a few American Airlines NC repaints I loaded up the sim at KMIA to look for the Embraer E-190's if someone could help me out that would be greatly appreciated! I have been using FSX since its release date. 

Edited by Taylor Suid
Forgot to add something

FLAi is only meant to be used for model matching with VATSIM, so a traffic bgi file isn't included. 

That means that you will only see the aircraft if you are flying online with VATSIM and one of the aircraft models is active in your area.

To use them as AI similar to UTL, UT2, MYT, etc. you would need to find or create a traffic file or bring them into your UTL traffic file (if that's possible.

For more information read the FAQs on the FLAi site.

Ernie

Edited by airernie

Ernest Pergrem

1 hour ago, airernie said:

that means that you will only see the aircraft if you are flying online with VATSIM and one of the aircraft models is active in your area.

No, that's not true at all. FLAi works great with UTL.

But you say you installed American Airlines NC? FLAi already comes with them, just assign them in UTL and you will be good to go. Can you confirm that you have assigned them in UTL and does AA actually use the 190's extensively to MIA?

Edited by Dave_YVR

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

8 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

But you say you installed American Airlines NC? FLAi already comes with them, just assign them in UTL and you will be good to go. Can you confirm that you have assigned them in UTL and does AA actually use the 190's extensively to MIA?

I didn't say that they wouldn't work with UTL.  

If you read paragraph three you'll see I stated "or bring them into your UTL traffic file", which is essentially what you are doing when you "just assign them in UTL".

Ernie

Edited by airernie

Ernest Pergrem

Thanks for your replies. I did manage to assign some FLAI aircraft to my sim and the models work fine. I just need to get rid of the default AI traffic without deleting the FLAI traffic if there is a way to do that.

You can remove the default traffic by going to your Scenery/World/scenery folder and remove or add an .OFF to the end of trafficAircraft.bgl .

13 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

American Eagle uses the E190's at MIA and at other American Eagle destinations.

Looking right now irl you will see that there are none operating to or from MIA. They seem to be based at PHL and operating BOS, LGA, JAX, PIT, AUS etc. It's possible that for the time period used in the UTL schedule that they are rare to spot at MIA.