Sign in to follow this  
swaor

747 glowing yoke P3D v4

8 minutes ago, swaor said:

Hopefully someone here can help me :happy:

Yeah...quit using third party shader hacks.

I know you're kinda just caught in the crosshairs of frustration, but I'm absolutely baffled by the number of people who seem baffled that they are:

1. Taking a third party tool (developed neither by the sim dev, nor the aircraft dev, in particular),
  2. Using it to hack into how the sim itself renders things; and are then
  3. Getting surprised that things don't look right.

If a mod that alters how the sim handles lighting is installed, and then lighting in that sim seems screwy, it would be logical to assume that the installed mod/profile/hack/etc. is the cause of the issue.

So...take it out.

Yes, it sucks that our sim isn't on the level that even some XBOX games are, rendering-wise, and I can't blame anyone for trying to hack the sim into being 'prettier' - all the same, when those hacks do dumb stuff, then remove them, or fix them...or if you're okay with it, then accept it. In any case, though, it isn't the plane, and I'm kind of curious as to how someone might think that it was.

• Like 1

Kyle Rodgers

Also the thing is that even sometimes when you uninstall these third party applications they still leaves behind files and the only way to fix it is to reinstall your plane.

Regards.

Edited by Ausflight

Zdenek  Cebis

Thank you guys for the help, I got it back to normal now after reinstalling the aircraft, like Ausflight said :happy:

45 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

I know you're kinda just caught in the crosshairs of frustration, but I'm absolutely baffled by the number of people who seem baffled that they are:

1. Taking a third party tool (developed neither by the sim dev, nor the aircraft dev, in particular),
  2. Using it to hack into how the sim itself renders things; and are then
  3. Getting surprised that things don't look right.

If a mod that alters how the sim handles lighting is installed, and then lighting in that sim seems screwy, it would be logical to assume that the installed mod/profile/hack/etc. is the cause of the issue.

So...take it out.

Yes, it sucks that our sim isn't on the level that even some XBOX games are, rendering-wise, and I can't blame anyone for trying to hack the sim into being 'prettier' - all the same, when those hacks do dumb stuff, then remove them, or fix them...or if you're okay with it, then accept it. In any case, though, it isn't the plane, and I'm kind of curious as to how someone might think that it was.

I´m sorry I assumed it might have something to do with the actual plane itself, my bad.

1 hour ago, swaor said:

I´m sorry I assumed it might have something to do with the actual plane itself, my bad.

No need to be sorry. Just frustrated that people install these things because everyone else has them, and not give a single thought as to what could go wrong, and then point at us.

It's less frustrating that you do it, and more frustrating that part of our job here is to clean up the mess made by other devs.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

1 hour ago, scandinavian13 said:

It's less frustrating that you do it, and more frustrating that part of our job here is to clean up the mess made by other devs

Kyle, I understand you, As a Maintenance Engineer, sometimes I do have to clean the mess the other technicians did every way around the tasks for a C-check! and Poor this guy who got stuck this way...

I use the "KISS" principal with my simulator. It's the same as my motor vehicle. If it's not designed by the original manufacturer, then I don't install that car part. And I have never experienced any major issues with any of my "genuine", unmodified products.

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

6 hours ago, Samany69 said:

Kyle, I understand you, As a Maintenance Engineer, sometimes I do have to clean the mess the other technicians did every way around the tasks for a C-check! and Poor this guy who got stuck this way...

Yeah, and I do feel bad, because I come into these posts with my hackles up, knowing with relative certainty what it's going to be, and since these shaders are popular, a lot of people just assume they're designed/coded well enough that they'll just work without issue.

That's not to say we don't have anything to fix, honestly, but I'm astounded at the number of things devs put out into the community without really either working with other devs to ensure they're aware of it, or warning people very strongly that the tool - when misconfigured or otherwise - can cause some weird stuff to occur.

Some add-ons do things to the sim that aren't really within the realm of "normal" for that type of app. More than one camera app out there alters sim physics, and I'm pretty sure one of the weather tools out there has a built in camera function. So, these tools that are meant to address one thing, end up affecting other things outside of the logical flow of things, such that it surprises people when we say "check your settings for [this option] and ensure that it's set to [enabled/disabled/etc]" and explain why. If you install a weather program and then all the sudden your views are messed up, your first thought isn't "oh, my weather tool must've done that."

To be honest, I feel like it would be better if some devs let their tools be less Swiss Army Knife, and more: if you need a knife, use our knife tool, and if you need a corkscrew, use our corkscrew tool. That way, people are at least more conscious of how what they're installing affects things.

5 hours ago, Peter Webber said:

I use the "KISS" principal with my simulator. It's the same as my motor vehicle. If it's not designed by the original manufacturer, then I don't install that car part. And I have never experienced any major issues with any of my "genuine", unmodified products.

Yeah. Granted, I have a few aftermarket (non-OEM) things in my car, but I add them individually. If things get weird after the change, it comes right back out, and I know exactly what the cause is (the new part, and not the car).

To be clear, I've also hacked into the car's OS to get it to do things that it didn't do from the factory (like unlocking the doors automatically when I shut the ignition off). I'm not opposed to hacking into things, but hack responsibly, back things up, and know where to aim your ire if things get ugly (in this case: me, for hacking around, but also not because I back everything up each time I change a setting, just in case).

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

6 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

That way, people are at least more conscious of how what they're installing affects things.

Totally True, And like always I can understand the depth of your words and where they are coming from. 

Sincerely Yours

18 hours ago, Ausflight said:

Also the thing is that even sometimes when you uninstall these third party applications they still leaves behind files and the only way to fix it is to reinstall your plane.

Regards.

delete the content of the Shaders folder in Appdata-Local-LM-P3Dv4. Probably you might also have to restore the original shaders in the main folder.. DON'T delete them there though...

As far as PTA goes this always he,ps... I can't tell about Tomatoes though. If there are issues after the "reset" then I'd ask the developers of the shader tool to fix this, honestly. 

Edited by Ephedrin

19 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

word not allowed right!

If you're going to fly high-end airliners, don't use third party shaders.  It's really just that simple.  I can tell you that working in tech support for other developers, I can tell you first hand that they cause lots of problems and have taken up a great deal of man hours until we discovered it was third party shaders creating a mess.  I have all the third party shader products for P3DV4 and I don't use any of them anymore.

My very best wishes!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I've seen the kinds of mess shaders can make to the sim, so I stay well away. If P3D had a native camera setup, I would never use 3rd party add-on cameras either. Why the people at EZCA decided to add ridiculous, gratuitous effects that completely change the sim physics I will never know.

10 minutes ago, rondon9898 said:

I've seen the kinds of mess shaders can make to the sim, so I stay well away. If P3D had a native camera setup, I would never use 3rd party add-on cameras either. Why the people at EZCA decided to add ridiculous, gratuitous effects that completely change the sim physics I will never know.

I‘ve been using TrackIR for years now and in my opinion it makes cameras completely unnecessary. Sure, sometimes I would like to walk around the airplane, but if I really want to I can still use the Avatar mode. 

28 minutes ago, rondon9898 said:

Yeah. This was the end of EZCA for me. I couldn't figure out if I'd had a stroke or just lost the ability to fly. But, in the end, it pointed me to Chaseplane. All's well that ends well.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS