Sign in to follow this  
Orinks

MCE CDU commands question

Hi all,

Is the FMC/CDU commands file a list of commands that can be said while also being used in flows like any otherMCE command?

The reason I ask is because I was experimenting with how I might create some flows for loading a flightplan in both the Feelthere ERJ 145 and the Feelthere Emb170, if its one of those aircraft supported but not listed on the MCE downloads page in the case of the 170.

I loaded it up and made sure it was powered up and started up so the FMC would work. Then I said something like:

Press FMC One

MCE didn't say anything, so I assume it was pressed. This aircraft doesn't have gauge sounds either so no sound to indicate this. Then, I say, "select flightplan", as per referencing the CDU document.

MCE thought I wanted to activate flight level mode, so no go there. I can't remember if these are specifically to be used in scripts, which I intend to use them for, but also figured I could speak them as a way to click around and set climb/descent profile speeds and the like, as soon as I can figure out the sequence for it.

Thanks all. While I can still use these planes without the FMS, it's there and if I can figure out a way for MCE to do stuff with it, I'd like to use it especially for managing climb/descent speeds and such.

6 hours ago, Orinks said:

Hi all,

Is the FMC/CDU commands file a list of commands that can be said while also being used in flows like any otherMCE command?

The reason I ask is because I was experimenting with how I might create some flows for loading a flightplan in both the Feelthere ERJ 145 and the Feelthere Emb170, if its one of those aircraft supported but not listed on the MCE downloads page in the case of the 170.

I loaded it up and made sure it was powered up and started up so the FMC would work. Then I said something like:

Press FMC One

MCE didn't say anything, so I assume it was pressed. This aircraft doesn't have gauge sounds either so no sound to indicate this. Then, I say, "select flightplan", as per referencing the CDU document.

MCE thought I wanted to activate flight level mode, so no go there. I can't remember if these are specifically to be used in scripts, which I intend to use them for, but also figured I could speak them as a way to click around and set climb/descent profile speeds and the like, as soon as I can figure out the sequence for it.

Thanks all. While I can still use these planes without the FMS, it's there and if I can figure out a way for MCE to do stuff with it, I'd like to use it especially for managing climb/descent speeds and such.

ERJ interfacing was done many, many years ago and at the time we didn't think about giving users the ability to control CDU via voice, as it's mostly a hands on device and frankly, you won't hear a captain say "cdu two press key two".

Those commands in CDu document are meant to be used as part of scripts that include many consecutive commands to either insert a value into left or right CDU or select a partivular page.

There is no such command "Press FMC One"