Sign in to follow this  
pilot10112

Flightbeam KDEN versus KIAD

Hi all,

I have Flightbeam’s KSFO and love it (unfortunately SODE doesn’t work on pc)! I was debating either getting their KDEN or KIAD. I am planning on getting the PMDG 747-8 expansion along with one of these, just wondering which one you believe to be better. 

Regards,

Simon S.

I personally could not choose between 2 or any Flightbeam products - they are all a super, wonderful, awesome, great, ect. value! 

I look forward to any and every thing from them - a day 1 purchase in every case for me.:smile: 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I have both, and IMHO you can't go wrong with either one. Frankly, you should just get both, at least when your flight simming budget allows.

I guess if I had to choose just on it would be KIAD, for no other particular reason other than it is physically near my home, and I have flown in and out of it many times, so it's more "familiar" to me than KDEN.

I have both and I would only if I had to chose one, go for KIAD because it’s closer to other airports I like to fly to. KBOS and JFK. KDEN is a masterpiece but it’s a bit out the way for me. KPNX-KDEN is nice but still I bit long for my taste.

Look at were you want to fly to and from and see what fits your needs best.

There both the best of the best.

• Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

5 hours ago, pilot10112 said:

(unfortunately SODE doesn’t work on pc)

simon

this is more than curious ..... how / why, let us know.

neither kden nor kiad have sode "yet" if that is a consideration.

for now, cheers

john martin

Ok! Thanks for all the help. I am a student and am gone lots of the time, but I live near pdx and fly mostly long hauls I have flown into both of those airports twice. From a long haul perspective what would you recommend?

Simon S.

5 hours ago, pilot10112 said:

(unfortunately SODE doesn’t work on pc)

simon ..... please explain !

for now, cheers

john martin

1 minute ago, vadriver said:

simon

this is more than curious ..... how / why, let us know.

neither kden nor kiad have sode "yet" if that is a consideration.

That is why I am looking at these products. When I try to install sode v1.6.3 it gives me the warning halfway through that a “windows installer package could not be run please contact.” I click ok end it shuts down every time. I have tried it every way I know how.

3 minutes ago, pilot10112 said:

That is why I am looking at these products

simon

they will have sode jetways in the short / near term.

suggest you contact flightbeam or sode(12bpilot) for advice on your's (beyond me, sorry)

for now, cheers

john martin

5 minutes ago, vadriver said:

simon

they will have sode jetways in the short / near term.

suggest you contact flightbeam or sode(12bpilot) for advice on your's (beyond me, sorry)

Ok thanks for the help. I have tried to contact 12bpilot but the site is blocked on my pc. I will try through my phone, thanks!

16 minutes ago, pilot10112 said:

That is why I am looking at these products. When I try to install sode v1.6.3 it gives me the warning halfway through that a “windows installer package could not be run please contact.” I click ok end it shuts down every time. I have tried it every way I know how.

most likely  it  could  be  your  av  or  malware   that's preventing  it  to  complete  or  you  could  have  a corrupted  download

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

56 minutes ago, pilot10112 said:

Ok! Thanks for all the help. I am a student and am gone lots of the time, but I live near pdx and fly mostly long hauls I have flown into both of those airports twice. From a long haul perspective what would you recommend?

Hi Simon.  Because you indicated you wanted the 747-8 expansion, I would recommend KIAD since Lufthansa operates daily round trip flights (DLH419/418) to/from Frankfurt (EDDF).  Based on some cursory research, I could not find any 747-8 service into KDEN.

I also use Aerosoft's EDDF to make the round trips more enjoyable.  They did a very nice job with the Frankfurt airport.

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

I have both, but KDEN takes about 25 minutes just to taxi to the runway. So I use KIAD more, and also for the reason that David suggested too.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

8 minutes ago, Jude Bradley said:

I have both, but KDEN takes about 25 minutes just to taxi to the runway. So I use KIAD more, and also for the reason that David suggested too.

Lol... I just did my 1st outbound flight from KDEN yesterday. I started off at gate C46, and had to taxi to runway 26. About halfway to the runway I was beginning to wonder if ATC was giving me vectors to drive to Baltimore. It also made me wonder if I had put enough fuel on board.

Both airports are very well done and you can't go wrong with either. Having been to Dulles Airport several times in real life, I can vouch for the fact that Flightbeam did a wonderful job representing a lousy Airport.

Edited by MDFlier
  • Like 1

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440