Sign in to follow this  
GuneyWRO

Can anyone recommend me good aircraft for FSX?

Hey! I’m new to the community and I am looking for some good aircraft. I’d prefer Airbus jets but a few regionals and Boeing jets would be good. I am not really into nostalgic flying though.

Thanks!

Welcome to the AVSIM forum!  To start off, get to know your default aircraft and proceed from there.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

There are lots of choices but here are a few to check into:

FlightSim Labs for the best Airbus A319 20 

Aerosoft for a good Airbus A318 19 20 21 - also CRJ series

PMDG for the best Boeing 737 77 47

IFly for good Boeing 737 47

Quality Wings for a good 787 - also BA 146

Majestic - for the best Q400

But if possible, you may want to leave FSX for Prepar3D Version 4, because FSX is not really up to the task of modern realistic airline flying anymore; the aircraft are becoming more and more realistic and too much for FSX to handle. Just something to consider. 

50 minutes ago, charliearon said:

Welcome to the AVSIM forum!  To start off, get to know your default aircraft and proceed from there.

I am not new to FSX necessarily. I have a few aircraft but not much. I am already used to the FSX default aircraft.

My aircraft are as follows:

• Aerosoft A320/21
  • PMDG 777 with 300ER expansion
  • Wilco A380 PA merge

3 minutes ago, GuneyWRO said:

I am not new to FSX necessarily. I have a few aircraft but not much. I am already used to the FSX default aircraft.

My aircraft are as follows:

• Aerosoft A320/21
  • PMDG 777 with 300ER expansion
  • Wilco A380 PA merge

This info would have been useful in your first post.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

3 hours ago, pracines said:

There are lots of choices but here are a few to check into:

FlightSim Labs for the best Airbus A319 20 

Aerosoft for a good Airbus A318 19 20 21 - also CRJ series

PMDG for the best Boeing 737 77 47

IFly for good Boeing 737 47

Quality Wings for a good 787 - also BA 146

Majestic - for the best Q400

But if possible, you may want to leave FSX for Prepar3D Version 4, because FSX is not really up to the task of modern realistic airline flying anymore; the aircraft are becoming more and more realistic and too much for FSX to handle. Just something to consider. 

Are you able to provide info on some long to medium haul Airbus Jets like the A330 or the A350?

I only see 2 ‘missing must have’ aircraft from the recommendations list:

Fly The Maddog X 

https://secure.simmarket.com/leonardo-software-fly-the-maddog-x-32-bit-fsx-p3d.phtml

It’s widely considered one of the best, if the the best, simulations available.  

LevelD 767

http://www.leveldsim.com/sevensix_home.asp

A little long in the tooth but still an amazing simulation; it’s the only reason I still have FSX loaded on my system.  If you do decide to buy this add on, get the zinertek texture upgrade:

https://secure.simmarket.com/zinertek-hd-virtual-cockpit-for-level-d-767-fsx-p3d.phtml

Matt King

2 hours ago, GuneyWRO said:

Are you able to provide info on some long to medium haul Airbus Jets like the A330 or the A350?

There is a company called black box that has an A330 and A340 available either separate or as a combo pack, but the last I knew they are still incomplete - they call it a "prologue". They do provide a demo, but I personally cannot recommend buying from them, as there is no guarantee that the product(s) will ever get completed.

As far as an A350 goes - I'm still waiting myself. 

9 hours ago, pracines said:

There is a company called black box that has an A330 and A340 available either separate or as a combo pack, but the last I knew they are still incomplete - they call it a "prologue". They do provide a demo, but I personally cannot recommend buying from them, as there is no guarantee that the product(s) will ever get completed.

As far as an A350 goes - I'm still waiting myself. 

Would you recommend Wilco Airbus Evolution 2 or CLS A330/340

20 minutes ago, GuneyWRO said:

Would you recommend Wilco Airbus Evolution 2 or CLS A330/340

I do not own either of them, so I cannot say.

My personal standard is likely different than yours. I won't even fly in FSX anymore except to reminisce. Flight simulation for me is life and death...extremely important. I pay for sophistication specifically to maintain a high level of required learning because that is "fun" for me. I'm that user who loves the large, complex manuals, and totally learning an aircraft. 📚🤓  

What I usually recommend is viewing objective (not just promotional), and complete video reviews/tutorials. Even complete flights on video are likely available, so you can see if a specific aircraft rendition is to your taste. If there are not many videos, then one can conclude there is not much to see. 

Most software is not refundable so, my main recommendation is to be sure you know what you're getting. Don't let the developers' advertisements/marketing and other peoples opinions persuade you too much.👨‍🎓

The search is just as much fun as finding, enjoy your search.:smile:  

14 minutes ago, pracines said:

I do not own either of them, so I cannot say.

My personal standard is likely different than yours. I won't even fly in FSX anymore except to reminisce. Flight simulation for me is life and death...extremely important. I pay for sophistication specifically to maintain a high level of required learning because that is "fun" for me. I'm that user who loves the large, complex manuals, and totally learning an aircraft. 📚🤓  

What I usually recommend is viewing objective (not just promotional), and complete video reviews/tutorials. Even complete flights on video are likely available, so you can see if a specific aircraft rendition is to your taste. If there are not many videos, then one can conclude there is not much to see. 

Most software is not refundable so, my main recommendation is to be sure you know what you're getting. Don't let the developers' advertisements/marketing and other peoples opinions persuade you too much.👨‍🎓

The search is just as much fun as finding, enjoy your search.:smile:  

As I live in Turkey, P3D v4 is very expensive. Some friends of mine have Wilco Airbus Evo 2, they say it is not top notch like FSLabs or Aerosoft but I am yet to find anyone that knows or has used or is still using CLS Airbus A330/340

I would recommend the Simcheck Airbus A300 B4-200. It is amongst the best airliner simulations you can get, but it is very reasonably priced in spite of that. Sadly you can't get it for P3D, but for FSX you're good to go. It can be bought from alots of different online retailers and usually costs somewhere around £35, which is as I say very good value for such an incredibly detailed and realistic simulation of the first airliner which Airbus produced.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

1 hour ago, Chock said:

I would recommend the Simcheck Airbus A300 B4-200. It is amongst the best airliner simulations you can get, but it is very reasonably priced in spite of that. Sadly you can't get it for P3D, but for FSX you're good to go. It can be bought from alots of different online retailers and usually costs somewhere around £35, which is as I say very good value for such an incredibly detailed and realistic simulation of the first airliner which Airbus produced.

Thanks! I will check it out