Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
GuneyWRO

Can anyone recommend me good aircraft for FSX?

Recommended Posts

21 hours ago, GuneyWRO said:

I have bought the Maddog X and it's amazing. But I'm still looking for an A330/A340

Aerosoft are in the process of developing an Airbus A330, which I'm assuming will be based around the A330 NEO, but it'll be a while coming and may possibly (quite likely) be only for P3D V4.4, so at present your only option for a half-decent A330 or A340, is Black Box Simulations (BBS).

Now, you should be aware that you will hear a lot of differing opinions about these, due in no small part to the fact that BBS, used to be PSS, who many years ago made pretty much the only half decent FS9/FSX Airbus you could find, and it was very popular, but, PSS shut down for a while and left a lot of customers in a position where they could not get hold of products they'd bought (there's a bit more to this tale, but that's the gist of it). BBS remedied this a long while back and their customer support is now actually very good these days (I speak from personal experience here, where they have answered my email queries very helpfully in a matter of hours), so BBS is not the terrible company which a lot of people claim it to be. However, some people are unwilling to forgive and forget despite BBS having sorted out their issues of old literally years ago, but in spite of this, that's why you will now sometimes hear people slagging BBS off, and quite often it will be people who don't even own any of their products and who have no experience of dealing with them, but simply trot out the same complaints they've heard from others. So I would encourage you to try out BBS's free demos of their products and make your own mind up rather than to base your opinion on the (often suspect) opinions of others!

So, having said all that. I do own several P3D V4.4/FSX compatible BBS Airbuses. I don't have all of the ones they make, but I do have their A321, A330 and A340, and what is more, I do recommend them. Now if you have FSX or P3D and are willing to spend the cash, then the absolute best option for a smaller Airbus is FSL's A320 or A319. I do have the FSX and the P3D versions of FSL  A320, and it is not only the best Airbus you can get for FSX/P3D, it is actually the best airliner you can get for those sims too, there is literally nothing out there which is better than it, including anything from PMDG, iFly, A2A, Majestic etc). But if it is a bit too pricey, then Aerosoft's new A318/A319/A320/A321 package is a good alternative (I also own those) however they are for P3D V4 only, but Aerosoft's older FSX A320 is still a good choice and I would say that for FSX, this is probably the next best thing to the FSL one.

But back with the bigger A330 and A340, as noted, BBS is about your only sensible choice, however it isn't actually a bad choice and I would not be recommending it if I thought otherwise. Sure the BBS Airbuses are not as detailed a simulation as the FSL or Aerosoft Airbuses, but they are not bad; they are perfectly usable and in fact there are some aspects of them which are actually better than the alternatives, for example, the nosewheel steering system on the BBS Airbuses is way better than it is on any other flight sim aeroplane, the livery and dispatch manager utility is vastly better than those of other developers, and when I say that I am including all the big name developers, who could learn a thing or two from looking at the BBS utility and how it works.

But, you can find this out for yourself, since there is a free demo of all of BBS's products available, and so you don't have to take mine or anyone else's word for it, you can make your own decision on whether you like their A340 and A330. That is exactly what I did, I tried their demos, and as a result I ended up buying their A340, their A330 and their A321, which speaks volumes, particularly when at the time I did buy them, I already owned the FSL A320.

Thus I would take opinions you hear about BBS with a large pinch of salt and make your own decision about them by trying their demos, as it won't cost you anything to do that and you will know best what you like and do not like. Oh and one last thing. Next month, Virtualcol will be releasing their brand new Airbus A220 for FSX and P3D. So if you want the absolutely latest brand new Airbus in your sim, look out for that one.

Here incidentally, is a visual comparison on the Aerosoft, FSL and BBS Airbuses. You should note that the FSL 'Bus in this video is the FSX one, whereas the Aerosoft and BBS ones are in P3D. I just did that because I was in the mood to fire up FSX when making the video and grabbing the video clips, I could have used my P3D version of the FSL one, but it really doesn't look much different anyway, so as far as the FSL and BBS ones are concerned in this video, the FSX versions do look identical:

 


Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chock said:

Aerosoft are in the process of developing an Airbus A330, which I'm assuming will be based around the A330 NEO, but it'll be a while coming and may possibly (quite likely) be only for P3D V4.4, so at present your only option for a half-decent A330 or A340, is Black Box Simulations (BBS).

Now, you should be aware that you will hear a lot of differing opinions about these, due in no small part to the fact that BBS, used to be PSS, who many years ago made pretty much the only half decent FS9/FSX Airbus you could find, and it was very popular, but, PSS shut down for a while and left a lot of customers in a position where they could not get hold of products they'd bought (there's a bit more to this tale, but that's the gist of it). BBS remedied this a long while back and their customer support is now actually very good these days (I speak from personal experience here, where they have answered my email queries very helpfully in a matter of hours), so BBS is not the terrible company which a lot of people claim it to be. However, some people are unwilling to forgive and forget despite BBS having sorted out their issues of old literally years ago, but in spite of this, that's why you will now sometimes hear people slagging BBS off, and quite often it will be people who don't even own any of their products and who have no experience of dealing with them, but simply trot out the same complaints they've heard from others. So I would encourage you to try out BBS's free demos of their products and make your own mind up rather than to base your opinion on the (often suspect) opinions of others!

So, having said all that. I do own several P3D V4.4/FSX compatible BBS Airbuses. I don't have all of the ones they make, but I do have their A321, A330 and A340, and what is more, I do recommend them. Now if you have FSX or P3D and are willing to spend the cash, then the absolute best option for a smaller Airbus is FSL's A320 or A319. I do have the FSX and the P3D versions of FSL  A320, and it is not only the best Airbus you can get for FSX/P3D, it is actually the best airliner you can get for those sims too, there is literally nothing out there which is better than it, including anything from PMDG, iFly, A2A, Majestic etc). But if it is a bit too pricey, then Aerosoft's new A318/A319/A320/A321 package is a good alternative (I also own those) however they are for P3D V4 only, but Aerosoft's older FSX A320 is still a good choice and I would say that for FSX, this is probably the next best thing to the FSL one.

But back with the bigger A330 and A340, as noted, BBS is about your only sensible choice, however it isn't actually a bad choice and I would not be recommending it if I thought otherwise. Sure the BBS Airbuses are not as detailed a simulation as the FSL or Aerosoft Airbuses, but they are not bad; they are perfectly usable and in fact there are some aspects of them which are actually better than the alternatives, for example, the nosewheel steering system on the BBS Airbuses is way better than it is on any other flight sim aeroplane, the livery and dispatch manager utility is vastly better than those of other developers, and when I say that I am including all the big name developers, who could learn a thing or two from looking at the BBS utility and how it works.

But, you can find this out for yourself, since there is a free demo of all of BBS's products available, and so you don't have to take mine or anyone else's word for it, you can make your own decision on whether you like their A340 and A330. That is exactly what I did, I tried their demos, and as a result I ended up buying their A340, their A330 and their A321, which speaks volumes, particularly when at the time I did buy them, I already owned the FSL A320.

Thus I would take opinions you hear about BBS with a large pinch of salt and make your own decision about them by trying their demos, as it won't cost you anything to do that and you will know best what you like and do not like. Oh and one last thing. Next month, Virtualcol will be releasing their brand new Airbus A220 for FSX and P3D. So if you want the absolutely latest brand new Airbus in your sim, look out for that one.

Here incidentally, is a visual comparison on the Aerosoft, FSL and BBS Airbuses. You should note that the FSL 'Bus in this video is the FSX one, whereas the Aerosoft and BBS ones are in P3D. I just did that because I was in the mood to fire up FSX when making the video and grabbing the video clips, I could have used my P3D version of the FSL one, but it really doesn't look much different anyway, so as far as the FSL and BBS ones are concerned in this video, the FSX versions do look identical:

 

I will probably stick with Aerosoft as FSLabs is a bit heavy on my PC. I have seen some news on Blackboxes site that they'll be releasing Airbus Widebody Xtreme v1.0 sometime in 2019 as they have said that v0.90 will be coming 2018 but I think that'll be delayed as 2019 is days away.

 

I'll install the demo as soon as I get home. Concerning the quality, I am not a real airline operations simmer and I can deal with something that is not top-notch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For regional aircraft I would recommend the Majestic Software Dash 8-Q400 and the Aerosoft CRJ-700/900. 

As for the Dash 8, its unarguably one of the best addons ever created for FSX. Thats all I can say, it's just an incredible addon.

As for the Aerosoft CRJ, it's a load of fun to fly and I have been hooked to it. It's a great addon (not quite as in depth as the Dash 8 but it is still very realistic for SOP) and I've been stuck to it like glue since I bought it. Get the CRJ, you wont regret it!!!

P.s. I'm partial to the CRJ-700/900 since I see them almost every day at KELM.🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nathan3219 said:

For regional aircraft I would recommend the Majestic Software Dash 8-Q400 and the Aerosoft CRJ-700/900. 

As for the Dash 8, its unarguably one of the best addons ever created for FSX. Thats all I can say, it's just an incredible addon.

As for the Aerosoft CRJ, it's a load of fun to fly and I have been hooked to it. It's a great addon (not quite as in depth as the Dash 8 but it is still very realistic for SOP) and I've been stuck to it like glue since I bought it. Get the CRJ, you wont regret it!!!

P.s. I'm partial to the CRJ-700/900 since I see them almost every day at KELM.🤣

The only airport in my city is LTAY and it is small, so I don't get a chance to see planes that much. As for the Majestic Q400, I will have to make a choice between it and the CRJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 5:47 AM, GuneyWRO said:

As I live in Turkey, P3D v4 is very expensive. Some friends of mine have Wilco Airbus Evo 2, they say it is not top notch like FSLabs or Aerosoft but I am yet to find anyone that knows or has used or is still using CLS Airbus A330/340

I have all the CLS A330/340 series packages but I really don't fly them very much. I note that you already have the PMDG 777 and, if you are used to flying this, you will find that the systems replication on the CLS A330/340s is not comparable with PMDG standards. However if you just want a reasonable looking A330/340 to fly from A to B and are not too concerned with systems replication and depth then you might be happy with the CLS product.

Bill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, GuneyWRO said:

The only airport in my city is LTAY and it is small, so I don't get a chance to see planes that much. As for the Majestic Q400, I will have to make a choice between it and the CRJ

And that is a hard choice, but either option you wont regret!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    53%
    $13,405.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...