Sign in to follow this  
pgde

NVidia 1100 Series Rumors

For those waiting to buy a new card here is a link to the rumors about the 1100 series cards (the RTX without ray tracing, etc).

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-geforce-gtx-11-series-1160-ti-rumor,38283.html

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

I'd hazard a guess the Nvidia has found the straw that broke the camels back on their pricing. I doubt the GTX 2080ti is selling well so now they have to come up with a way to save face.

Edited by Guest

This could be down to the fact that Nvidia are overstocked with 14nm chips and they need to get rid of them the 20 series is pascal with RTX added.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

In 2013 just over 5 years ago I paid CAD$649.99 for a new Gigabyte GTX 780 when it was the cats pyjamas at the time. There was no ti. The lowest prices RTX 2080ti I can find is CAD$1679.99 and it has only 3 eggs which seem to be due to failing cards. The GTX 780 I bought back in 2013 has 5 perfect eggs. And looking at the GTX 1080ti's that are still available new they range from $1330 up to about $1750. The third lowest price is $1710. $30 more than the lowest RTX 2080ti

28 minutes ago, rjfry said:

This could be down to the fact that Nvidia are overstocked with 14nm chips and they need to get rid of them the 20 series is pascal with RTX added.

Interesting... didn't know that - thought it was a new chip. 

Wonder what the pricing of these 11XX series is gonna be...?

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

1 hour ago, Anders Bermann said:

Wonder what the pricing of these 11XX series is gonna be...?

I'll hazard guess, $2599.99🤣

If its better performance than a 1080ti without the performance sapping ray tracing mumbo jumbo at a reasonable price, I'm in.

2 hours ago, rjfry said:

Not correct. All of the 20 series have Turing cores and according to the article above, the potential 11xx series will be a TU116, cut down. Not Pascal at all.

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

2 hours ago, Avidean said:

I'll hazard guess, $2599.99🤣

Ouch! 🤣

• Like 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 8:28 PM, pgde said:

Not correct. All of the 20 series have Turing cores and according to the article above, the potential 11xx series will be a TU116, cut down. Not Pascal at all.

It`s the 14nm chip with turing cores added, the 10 series is 14nm without turing or DDR6 and they pushed the clocks up on the 20 series that`s why it get`s hot and needs good cooling, the plan was to use the 10nm for the 20 series but that did not happen, now they want something new out in 2019 to counter AMD, at the moment it looks like end 19 or early 20 before they can bring something brand new 10nm. 

Raymond Fry.

New announcement -- see https://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1160,38301.html using the 12nm TU116 chip. Don't know where rjfry got his information from.

That`s one they have bought in then they have only used there own 14nm up to know, will it perform we will have to wait and see, 10nm will be there next mainstream GPU. it sound a bit like Intel and there 22nm CPU coming out this year. 

Raymond Fry.