Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

Prepar3d v5 - High Probability Proof with Picture

Hi,

I just signed up for a 3 month FsAerodata and look at the latest installer - picture is worth thousand words.

I hope F1, and all other people who are developing Prepar3d content can plan and prepare for P3Dv5 lol -

Rob, get me on the prepar3d v5 beta team pretty please!!! I will buy you a beer every month (for 2019 that is) 😊 🍻😋

Have a happy new year 2019.

2019 - Year of Prepar3d v5

My guess is that there will be no 4.5 and probably around Apr-May-June 2019 time frame---- looks like we all are going straight to v5 whoohoo

OWZjRBnz_o.png

Edited by Skywolf
  • Upvote 1

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

It doesn't take any insight to add that option, which allows the app to look for the registry entry that contains the P3d main folder location. Even if LM changes where the setting is located in the Windows registry, fsaerodata can make that change to its app easily.

What it probably does show is that fsaerodata must believe that P3d5 will still have the legacy airport and navaid data.

• Like 2

Or FSaerodata is already testing with Prepar3d v5 😋

I was right about Prepar3d v4 or was it v3 when I discovered it in the FSUIPC logs way back then 😎

I can now start planning to build a fancy computer next year for prepar3d v5. I hope LM forces all addon makers to install outside the sim.  Got a clue from JV in Orbx Forums about new FTX Central which will allow to install outside the sim.  

Edited by Skywolf

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

I think they should call it Prepar3DvV.

But that’s just like my opinion man.

• Like 3

i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz, ASUS Z170-PRO GAMING, 32GB DDR4 2666MHz, 750W EVGA SuperNOVA, 512GB Samsung 960 PRO, 1TB Western Digital - Black Edition
RTX 2080Ti (MSI trio), Corsair H115i - 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler

I think we all agree that there is no doubt that v5 will be released someday in the future. The question is: Do we have enough proof that it will be released in 2019?  I don't see it if you ask me. And that's not necessarily a bad thing.

• Upvote 1

That's probably just a placeholder based on the supposition that there will eventually be a new version of the sim. I could set a place at my dinner table for Denzil Washington, it doesn't mean I can expect him to pop round to my house that evening.

• Like 12
  • Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

6 minutes ago, Chock said:

That's probably just a placeholder based on the supposition that there will eventually be a new version of the sim. I could set a place at my dinner table for Denzil Washington, it doesn't mean I can expect him to pop round to my house that evening.

LOL +1!

I think you're right. It's extremely easy to add anything to their own program... just because there's a checkbox saying "Prepar3D V5", doesn't mean, that it's 'right-around-the-corner'. 

@Skywolf If FSAeroData really was on the Prepar3D Beta Team, I highly doubt they would (or be allowed to) leak such hints, as you're describing... The NDA from Lockheed-Martin, is more airtight than Fort Knox...

Edited by Anders Bermann
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Funny responses everyone - just saying - nobody puts a placeholder for no reason in software testing (unless new features are actively testing)- we all will see it in few months.  As I stated it is my guess

Same thing happened when I saw it in the FSUIPC installation logs when prepar3dv4 was coming up.

Either way time to enjoy

Happy new year 2019 

Edited by Skywolf

Based on the position of that option, I suspect that it should read "Prepar3d v2". Why would they slot v5 in between FSX and Prepar3d v3? Surely the option for it should be after v4?

• Like 2

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Any hint from Jose that he has the FSAerodata Company eyes on the future, is good enough for me. There really is no need to argue the details.:smile:

4.4 has only recently been released. Why not just fly that and let 5 come when it comes? No sooner an update is released speculation begins about the next 🙄

David Porrett

I would be really surprised if it WOULDN'T be released around spring / summer. You just have to look at earlier releases and two years are already a long timespan between full versions. They want to earn money after all, don't they? :)

Georgian Virtual Airports (UGMS Mestia / UGGT Telavi / UGAM Ambrolauri)

Would all the add-ons need reupdating again or can we just install the separate client installs extra?

i5 8600K  @4.5Ghz 16GB RAM GTX1060 

8 minutes ago, ols500 said:

Would all the add-ons need reupdating again or can we just install the separate client installs extra?

Serious question?

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Based on the position of that option, I suspect that it should read "Prepar3d v2". Why would they slot v5 in between FSX and Prepar3d v3? Surely the option for it should be after v4?

Good point...

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471