Sign in to follow this  
acamp04

VR FS2Crew Audio Device Issue

Hi!

Recently I have been playing P3D v4.4 with the native VR support. I'm using the Asus Windows Mixed Reality headset with the SteamVR plugin, and every thing works well except the audio. The audio switches to a different output device every time I start up VR mode. I have gone through all the settings and set WMR and SteamVR to not change the audio output/input, but it doesn't listen. Anyway, I'm able to reset all the sounds to the correct output device except FS2Crew. No matter what I do, I can't get any sounds out of any output device when using VR or even after VR has been started and then closed. The input device doesn't seem to be a problem because I can talk into the mic and see the command displayed at the top of the screen. I don't know if FS2Crew has gone through any VR testing, but any help with this problem would be appreciated. I think it would be an incredible experience to fly a PMDG or Aerosoft airliner in VR with a virtual co pilot! Thanks in advance for your help.

Aaron Campbell

I tried VR once but I found the resolution unacceptably low to the point that it wasn't fun at all.  And it made me dizzy.

I'm going to revisit VR once the resolutions go way up.

As for your sound issue, not really sure... can you select the Audio device on the FS2Crew Config Panel and then press HS?

Hi, thanks for the quick response. I have tried the HS fix, but it did not work. The fixes I've tried are the HS fix you just mentioned, resetting the audio system with the reset button, and turning off and on voice control. Is there a way to reset the whole process? I didn't think FS2Crew was it's own process, but I think a possible solution would be to reset the process. I just can't find a way to point FS2Crew in the right direction.

Aaron Campbell

FS2Crew does not run as a separate process.  It's literally built directly into the airplane via a gauge file.

Maybe try opening the FS2Crew Main Panel ***AFTER**** your VR setup is fully complete.

20 hours ago, acamp04 said:

every thing works well except the audio. The audio switches to a different output device every time I start up VR mode.

I don't get why the audio would switch to a different output.

I think I have tried to do this, but I will try it again just to make sure. And I honestly don't know why it switches either. It's a Windows Mixed Reality headset so the program seems to run straight out of the windows OS; meaning it uses the windows speech recognition as well. The only thing I can guess is there's some conflict between the WMR portal and FS2Crew. Definitely not your guys' fault, probably more WMR's issue.

Aaron Campbell