Sign in to follow this  

Severe ghosting in P3D 4.4

Reinstalled Windows 10 and then installed the latest version of P3D. Latest drivers for everything. Didn't change any hardware. P3D 4.4 has severe ghosting. I noticed it as soon as I started the sim for the first time and used ChasePlane to change views. TrackIR also shows severe ghosting. It's as if the image is lagging and doubled whenever you look around. Very tiring for the eyes. (Specially if you can get migraine easily due to computer graphics like I do.) Things also look a bit sluggish. I never ever had this before and I reinstalled Windows and P3D numerous times (a few times a year) using the exact same settings for everything.

Any idea what might cause this and how to get rid of it? Aerofly FS 2 has no gosthing at ALL so that is why I am thinking it must be something with P3D 4.4. As it is now I don't like flying in P3D at ALL...

EDIT
Never mind... P3D 4.4 locked up on me just as 4.3 used to do. This is with a complete fresh install of everything. In the middle of a flight is simply locks up completely, without an error message or anything. I know this must be a problem on my side because no one else seems to have this problem but this is killing, of course. I think I am done with P3D for now.

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, J van E said:

Reinstalled Windows 10 and then installed the latest version of P3D. Latest drivers for everything. Didn't change any hardware. P3D 4.4 has severe ghosting. I noticed it as soon as I started the sim for the first time and used ChasePlane to change views. TrackIR also shows severe ghosting. It's as if the image is lagging and doubled whenever you look around. Very tiring for the eyes. (Specially if you can get migraine easily due to computer graphics like I do.) Things also look a bit sluggish. I never ever had this before and I reinstalled Windows and P3D numerous times (a few times a year) using the exact same settings for everything.

Any idea what might cause this and how to get rid of it? Aerofly FS 2 has no gosthing at ALL so that is why I am thinking it must be something with P3D 4.4. As it is now I don't like flying in P3D at ALL...

Hi Jeroen, sounds very odd. What about updating MB drivers bios etc? Is there any chance you can grab an HD screen video and upload?

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Sounds very similar to the earlier thread we commented on...?

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

13 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

Sounds very similar to the earlier thread we commented on...?

It does Kevin. I always find these issues difficult without actually seeing the problem.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

20 minutes ago, J van E said:

I think I am done with P3D for now.

😞

Howard

2 hours ago, J van E said:

P3D 4.4 has severe ghosting

First time in my life I hear that. There´s always a first time for everything I guess.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

a default install of win10 will benefit immensely from some optimization:
complete all OS updates
exclude all FS folders from AV scanning
disable all notifications
disable background creation of (hidden) thumbs.db and esp. that photos app scanning everything.

there's probably a relevant optimization guide somewhere here (idk... new here myself)

however ghosting sounds more hardware (or drivers) than software hence the regulars are a bit perplexed.

Edited by jpf

I had exactly the same issue a few days ago. A clean new OS Win10-1809 incl all updates and a fresh P3D V4.4 installation.
P3D in full screen, ChasePlane showed ghosting/tearing views.
Searching and reading a lot of postings here and at other sites. The following worked for me:

• Right-click your P3D.exe
  • Properties / Compatibility 
  • Check: 'Disable Fullscreen Optimizations'

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

On 12/28/2018 at 11:42 AM, J van E said:

EDIT
Never mind... P3D 4.4 locked up on me just as 4.3 used to do. This is with a complete fresh install of everything. In the middle of a flight is simply locks up completely, without an error message or anything. I know this must be a problem on my side because no one else seems to have this problem but this is killing, of course. I think I am done with P3D for now.

What monitor and GPU do you have?