Sign in to follow this  
Kapitan23

PMDG 777 Max Cruize ALT

Hi guys, 

Another quick question.

I recently found out that the max cruise ALT for my PMDG 773 can only go up to FL312 with max cruise speed of 325-330KTS and it doesnt allow me to go any higher. 

As far as I know (Google) the normal cruise ALT for B773 is FL350 and normal cruise speed of 490KTS. 

Is there any possible way I can change this or is there something that I am missing?

Please advice

Thank you in advance!

Ruzbih Anand

Kapitan23

How heavy were you. Because the lighter you are the higher you can go. An empty b77W can go up to FL410.

• Upvote 1

Hello,

As Koen said, max cruise altitude depends on the weight of the aircraft.

If your max cruise alt is FL312 you are probably very close if not at max TOW.

For the speed, if you are talking about IAS, then it is normal that you cannot exceed 330kt as it must be VMO if I recall well. The higher you go, the lower the IAS is. At FL410 you may be down to around 250kt IAS.

Now if you are at 330kt IAS at FL310, you may be at more than 500kt TAS.

• Upvote 1

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

4 hours ago, Kapitan23 said:

Is there any possible way I can change this or is there something that I am missing?

Please run through the Intro Manual and the Tutorial. Sounds a lot like this might be your first study-level simulation of an aircraft. There's a lot to learn. Not to worry - the Intro and the Tutorial give you a lot of the info that you need.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

Thank you all guys(idk how to reply each one individually here. My apologies). Indeed I am very new to PMDG 777 aircrafts and I'm learning a lot about aviation through it.

Romain and Koen, you guys explained them very clearly. So thanks a bunch!

Kyle, yes I skimmed through Tutorial 1 of the 777 series but I will read through the Introduction properly cause I believe I'm missing a lot. Thank you for the pointers.

Thanks for all the help and it is very much appreciated. 

9 minutes ago, Kapitan23 said:

Kyle, yes I skimmed through Tutorial 1 of the 777 series but I will read through the Introduction properly cause I believe I'm missing a lot. Thank you for the pointers.

Click and drag your mouse over the text you want to quote, and then let go of the mouse button. A little "Quote Selected" thing will pop up - click on that. Additionally, at the bottom of each post, there's a Quote button, which will quote their entire post. Both work - one is a bit more specific.

Welcome to the dark side. There's a lot of aviation that is still ahead of you, and you will certainly learn a lot of it with the 777. Don't let preconceived notions get in the way, particularly max range/alt/speed stuff you find on random websites. A car might have a top speed of X, but it's electronically limited to Y, and if you throw three mates in the car, it's now down to Z. Same concept here.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

2 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Click and drag your mouse over the text you want to quote, and then let go of the mouse button. A little "Quote Selected" thing will pop up - click on that. Additionally, at the bottom of each post, there's a Quote button, which will quote their entire post. Both work - one is a bit more specific.

Welcome to the dark side. There's a lot of aviation that is still ahead of you, and you will certainly learn a lot of it with the 777. Don't let preconceived notions get in the way, particularly max range/alt/speed stuff you find on random websites. A car might have a top speed of X, but it's electronically limited to Y, and if you throw three mates in the car, it's now down to Z. Same concept here.

Great! Thanks for the tip. 

As for the notions, I'll keep that in mind next time! Just read through the whole of PMDG 777 Introduction. It explains things briliantly! 

Again, thank you for the help, tips and pointers. Cheers!

7 minutes ago, Kapitan23 said:

Great! Thanks for the tip. 

As for the notions, I'll keep that in mind next time! Just read through the whole of PMDG 777 Introduction. It explains things briliantly! 

Again, thank you for the help, tips and pointers. Cheers!

Welcome!

Make sure to follow the tutorial to the letter. I used to always get tempted to skip over certain parts, on the assumption I already knew it, but I'd end up missing important things, or getting distracted because I didn't use "clear weather" for the tutorial...simple things like that can cause you to miss a bunch of important stuff.

Let us know if you have any questions as you work through it all.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

14 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Welcome!

Make sure to follow the tutorial to the letter. I used to always get tempted to skip over certain parts, on the assumption I already knew it, but I'd end up missing important things, or getting distracted because I didn't use "clear weather" for the tutorial...simple things like that can cause you to miss a bunch of important stuff.

Let us know if you have any questions as you work through it all.

Will do! 

Thank you again!