Sign in to follow this  
Peter Webber

Future FS Expo's.

Good day. I was wondering whether there would be future consideration to run FS Expo's outside of the routine countries (USA, UK, etc) and to maybe host one year in the southern Africa area? We in South Africa have a first world conference center in Cape Town (CTICC) with beautiful views and venues in the area and the exchange rate is very favorable. And we have a large flight sim community in South Africa. Just a thought. It would be great to see all the great developers here (I believe PMDG have South Africans on their team). Regards.

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

Current ticket prices from where I live to South Africa are $1500 U.S. and up.  One way.  That's not cheap.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

6 hours ago, WarpD said:

Current ticket prices from where I live to South Africa are $1500 U.S. and up.  One way.  That's not cheap.

Understand...but we host huge sporting events (world cup rugby, soccer, etc) and those plane ticket prices  don't prevent arrivals from the north...😉 anyway just putting it out there...but I totally understand your point.

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

Since the FlightSim Expo is a US event, I would expect it to be located in the USA every year.

• Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

9 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Since the FlightSim Expo is a US event, I would expect it to be located in the USA every year.

Yes, but think "outside of the box".😉

Peter Webber

23 hours ago, Peter Webber said:

Good day. I was wondering whether there would be future consideration to run FS Expo's outside of the routine countries (USA, UK, etc) and to maybe host one year in the southern Africa area? We in South Africa have a first world conference center in Cape Town (CTICC) with beautiful views and venues in the area and the exchange rate is very favorable. And we have a large flight sim community in South Africa. Just a thought. It would be great to see all the great developers here (I believe PMDG have South Africans on their team). Regards.

Why don't you contact other flight simmers in your locality and see if it is feasible to arrange it yourself. Somebody has to organise such events and why should that not be you if you are keen to see it happen?

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

By the way, I was going to attend the one in Orlando next June, but the dates are in competition to the 75th Anniversary of the D Day Invasion. I am going to Duxford instead. There will be 38 C-47s making para jumps with WW II equipped paratroopers. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity. I will do the Expo next time though. Would like to meet some of the devs and fellow simmers we all talk to here.

Howard

Howard, that is truly a once in a lifetime event. Will Glen be your host? Anyone else from our side of the pond going?

Cheers

Bob, DCA1521