Sign in to follow this  
sadolddonkey

Xplane11 with 767-3003r pro

I have a question, please …...

Let me explain further here first. From fs9, FSX and P3Dv4 the keyboard commands have a default for Throttle Cut =  F1, Throttle decrease quickly = F2, Spoiler Arm = Shift+/ and Spoiler extend/retract = /  If you don't have any of the mentioned sims then you can't help me on this but I appreciate that very much.

So, example, Spoiler Arm command, what is the command for X-Plane 11?

From XP11 I don't know what will be the same functionality commands.

Last night I assigned as a test the "Toggle Thrust Reversers = F2, Toggle Beta Prop = F1, Speedbrake extended one = Shift+/ and Speedbrake Retract one = / 

I flew the Boing 777 Pro from OMAA to OMDB, later preparing the descend I applied Shift+/ and the speedbrakes worked as extended. At touchdown I applied F2 and the plane deployed spoilers and at 80 knots I applied F1 which it did nothing. I had to apply F2 again to stop the 777. The bird stopped after the end of runway (lol).

I think I am not assigning the proper/equivalent commands accordingly on keyboard. 

Again, what are the commands naming meaning exactly the same as in FSX? 

Throttle Cut =  ???
Throttle decrease quickly =  ???
Spoiler Arm =  ???
Spoiler extend/retract =  ???  

Patricio Valdes

2 hours ago, trisho0 said:

Let me explain further here first. From fs9, FSX and P3Dv4 the keyboard commands have a default for Throttle Cut =  F1, Throttle decrease quickly = F2, Spoiler Arm = Shift+/ and Spoiler extend/retract = /  If you don't have any of the mentioned sims then you can't help me on this but I appreciate that very much.

Last night I assigned as a test the "Toggle Thrust Reversers = F2, Toggle Beta Prop = F1, Speedbrake extended one = Shift+/ and Speedbrake Retract one = / 

I flew the Boing 777 Pro from OMAA to OMDB, later preparing the descend I applied Shift+/ and the speedbrakes worked as extended. At touchdown I applied F2 and the plane deployed spoilers and at 80 knots I applied F1 which it did nothing. I had to apply F2 again to stop the 777. The bird stopped after the end of runway (lol).

I think I am not assigning the proper/equivalent commands accordingly on keyboard. 

Throttle Cut =  ???
Spoiler Arm =  ???

By default, in X-Plane F1=throttle decrease, F2=throttle increase (it's more or less like in fsx, possibly just a tad slower).

I don't know if you can assign a key for throttle cut. Try going to the key assignment screen and search for the word " throttle", maybe you will find the right entry.

On X-Plane, speedbrakes controls work a bit differently compared to fsx. If I remember correctly, the different positions are, in this order: "armed", " retracted", "in flight detent".

When you press the "retract one" key, you move one position up, when you press the "extend one" key, you move one position down.

For example: if you are on final with the speedbrakes retracted, and you want to arm them, you have to press the "retract once" key. If then you go-around and want to disarm them, you have to press "extend one" (therefore going from "armed" to "retracted").

Hope it's clear how it works. Look at the speedbrake lever in the cockpit while you press the keys and you'll understand the logic. :-)

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

1 hour ago, Murmur said:

Throttle Cut =  ???
Spoiler Arm =  ???

Anybody can answer the question marks for XP11?

Patricio Valdes

All the answers you need can be be found from Keyboard Commands inside XP.

Why not just look for yourself?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dean_EGTC said:

All the answers you need can be be found from Keyboard Commands inside XP.

Why not just look for yourself?

I can't find any of those commands mentioned before and here. Only I am doing is trying with each individual XP11 commands closer naming as this listing to find which one works as expected. This is time consuming and so far 3 weeks now and still can't get it. Example: Spolier Arm not found inside of XP11 keyboard settings list and the closer naming I used SpeedBrakes Retract but from some reason is not working.

What command do you apply from keyboard for :

Throttle Cut =
Throttle decrease quickly =
Spoiler Arm =
Spoiler extend/retract =

Patricio Valdes

I explained to you that there is not a "spoiler arm" key (as far as I remember) because speedbrake logic in XP is different.

To arm the speedbrake, you have to press the "retract speedbrakes" key until the speedbrakes lever is in the armed position. If the speedbrakes are in the down (stowed) position, just pressing once the "retract" key will arm them. So there is not a separate spoiler arm key. Hope this is clear now.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

After more extensive testing I found :

fs9, FSX, P3D                    =  "Keys"  =    XP11
Throttle Cut                        =     F1     =    Hold Thrust Reversers Max
Throttle decrease quickly   =     F2     =    Toggle Thrust Reversers
Spoiler Arm                        =  Shift+/  =    SpeedBrakes Retract
Spoiler extend/retract         =     /        =    SpeedBrakes Extended One

Now, testing further …...

Patricio Valdes

16 hours ago, trisho0 said:

After more extensive testing I found :

fs9, FSX, P3D                    =  "Keys"  =    XP11
Throttle Cut                        =     F1     =    Hold Thrust Reversers Max
Throttle decrease quickly   =     F2     =    Toggle Thrust Reversers
Spoiler Arm                        =  Shift+/  =    SpeedBrakes Retract
Spoiler extend/retract         =     /        =    SpeedBrakes Extended One

Now, testing further …...

OK, I have Boeing 777 Worldliner Professional and VMAX-767-Pro Boeing 767-300 ER Professional and none of them be able to do landings as expected. They stay in airborne flying around the runway area like more raven than eagle (LOL). It must be some command not performing as it should.

I take off from OMAA rwy31L to OMDB rwy30L. Following the ND waiting for the TD near to 10nm is when I apply SpeedBrakes Retract (Shift+/) and this is the end because can't land to touchdown on arrival runway in order to apply F2 (Toggle Thrust Reversers).

Am I missing something for landing?

Patricio Valdes

stop trying to make it like FSX, it isn't. Once you let go then it will be easier, I know I tried the same.

keys 1 and 2 control flaps, 3 and 4 control spoilers. Shift / activates reverse thrust, don't forget to increase the throttle.

Edited by qnh

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

On 1/18/2019 at 9:49 PM, trisho0 said:

Throttle Cut =  ???
Spoiler Arm =  ???

Sorry, but you seem to have completely hijacked someone else's post. The original posters question has not been answered. Its common courtesy to make your own original post to ask a question that is unrelated to the thread you are in. 

Jason E Row

Follow me on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/JasonRowPhotography

17 hours ago, yidahoo said:

Sorry, but you seem to have completely hijacked someone else's post. The original posters question has not been answered. Its common courtesy to make your own original post to ask a question that is unrelated to the thread you are in.

I resolved the equivalent FSX commands to X-Plane 11 in order to enter the assignments on Keyboard. I tested those commands while the aircraft was on the runway (before take off). All commands worked as expected. The problem I have is the aircraft sometimes doesn't follow ILS and I am trying to find out ...

Patricio Valdes

18 hours ago, qnh said:

stop trying to make it like FSX, it isn't. Once you let go then it will be easier, I know I tried the same.

keys 1 and 2 control flaps, 3 and 4 control spoilers. Shift / activates reverse thrust, don't forget to increase the throttle.

I assigned the equivalent FSX commands into keyboard and all worked just fine. I am dealing now with landings, the bird after flaps 1 and speedbrakes armed the plane doesn't descend as it should. It descends but to slow. I do flaps 1 when the T/D green is on 10nm ND. I think I could try at 15nm and see ….

Patricio Valdes