Sign in to follow this  
solwell1

Newbie question...

I'm looking to add a realityxp gps to my P3Dv4.4 and am wondering if specific units only work with specific aircraft.  In other words can I use a GTN 750/650 unit in the carenado f33a? Or will it only be able to use the 430/530?  Can these gauges once purchased be installed in multiple aircraft? 

thanks

steve

You can use anything with anything and I believe you can have two different types (GTN and GNS) on one panel. You can certainly have two of the same family in one panel. However that is on the basis of using the popup version of the gauge/

VC integration is another matter and relies on the aircraft model developer providing a 3D bezel model for the gauge to go into. The F33A is an old model and Carenado don't really do much updating of their products beyond initial release so I would imagine it supports the older GNS series only in the virtual cockpit. A2A's new Bonanza supports the GTN (not sure about GNS).

Edited by ckyliu
  • Like 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

The Carenado F33 does not have room in the radio stack for a GTN 750, but a GTN 650 will fit nicely.

It really depends aircraft by aircraft..

• Like 1

Bert

Hi

I am an IFR pilot flying in an airclub in France on a Garmin equiped light actf

Looking  the offer made on RXP site, and reading the frorum, I have several questions

1-If i buy two license of GNS 530/430, is it possible to uses two independant 430 at the same time with crossfill function

2- What is the date of the air database  coming with the product? Is it updatable? Up to wich version ?

3-  What version(s) of the Garmin 430 trainer are to be installed to get the more recent database? Are they payware?

Bernard

1 minute ago, nanar said:

1-If i buy two license of GNS 530/430, is it possible to uses two independant 430 at the same time with crossfill function

2- What is the date of the air database  coming with the product? Is it updatable? Up to wich version ?

3-  What version(s) of the Garmin 430 trainer are to be installed to get the more recent database? Are they payware?

This is user to user response.
Per 1.  Yes. With each model gauge you get (2) instances.  So you can put a pair of them in a single aircraft if the aircraft's developer has designed the panel in a manner that you can work with it. Think of them as 430_1 & 430_2, or 520_1 and 530_2.  You can crossfill.  If you purchase both the 430 and 530, when a particular aircraft's panel can accommodate it, you can even use (1) 430 and (1) 530.  One must be configured as a "_1" and the other as a "_2_.  There is a ton of user to user collaboration that has and does exist for adapting these gauges into respective aircraft panels.  You can find those if you take the time to search here on Avsim and other sites.  Better to search first than ask other users to repeat what is already posted somewhere.

2. The database can be updated if you find a source. I used to get just-expired charts and approach plates from local pilots who otherwise would have just discarded them.  Similar relationships are common for databases.

3. The version of the trainers used by these gauges is the most recent provided by Garmin.  Garmin to my knowledge has not updated their GNS trainer in several years.  The database is associated with the Garmin trainer, which the RXP GNS uses as it's engine so to speak.  And per 2. above, the database can be updated.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Thanks fpilot

For your very precise answer.

Please confirm I can use either one 430 or one 530 if I get a license.

It seems according to internet sources that you can get more recent  database than the one installed in 430/530 trainer.

Personnaly  I upgraded  my  free trainer air database to 2015 using the free GTN trainer db  but not a success with more recent Garmin.

Do you now if it is possible to go further 2017 or better 2019 . For the moment I failed.

I think it ids a pity that Xpr doesnt provide the customer with a decent db only  the one from 2010 with a set of hyper obsolete procedure.

The doc and approach plates is not a problem as I got a Jeppsen subscription.

Bernard

36 minutes ago, nanar said:

Please confirm I can use either one 430 or one 530 if I get a license.

My experience is that 430 and 530 are two separate purchases.  The separate GTN 650 and 740 are also separate purchases.  I just looked at the Reality XP website and it is clear to me that there are some nice purchase promotions that are still current.

39 minutes ago, nanar said:

Personnaly  I upgraded  my  free trainer air database to 2015 using the free GTN trainer db  but not a success with more recent Garmin.

I believe the Garmin GNS and the Garmin GTN both shared the same database structure up until around 2015.  The real-world GNS is more memory-limited than it's GTN counterpart and the assumption is that the shared database grew too large for the GNS unless it was limited to airports with longer runways, and/or split into regional databases.  The GTN was upgraded to a new filespec for the database at that time and the databases are no longer compatible with each other.

42 minutes ago, nanar said:

I think it ids a pity that Xpr doesnt provide the customer with a decent db only  the one from 2010 with a set of hyper obsolete procedure.

I have a great impression that what Reality XP, or any other third party for that matter, can do with Garmin's products is tightly controlled by Garmin. So I do not believe this is a Reality XP responsibility.

I trust this satisfies your questions.  You are now as well informed as I can inform you. 

• Like 2

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Do i need the gtn trainer for reality xp gtn touch to work.

Cheers Rick

tpewpb-6.png

@RW1 Hi, yes you need the Garmin GTN trainer. The Reality XP installer is automatically downloading it, if it is not already installed.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

2 hours ago, RXP said:

@RW1 Hi, yes you need the Garmin GTN trainer. The Reality XP installer is automatically downloading it, if it is not already installed.

Thank you

tpewpb-6.png