Sign in to follow this  
Aaron Quick

[P3D V4.4] Weird CTD's at YSSY - FlyTampa

Hi All, I want to start this by saying I am genuienly sorry if this wastes anyones time and I am simply being an word not allowed however this sim has drained me at this point and I'm am done looking for what will fix this.

So here is the story. Today I decided to make the upgrade from 4.2 to 4.4 using only the client update as I thought it may finally be time. After putting on tomatoshade and all the good new stuff I had access too in 4.4 I decided to start updating my utilities, namely ASP4. I decided I was going to go back to Rex + ASP4 so I uninstalled ASCA and went in to see if ASP4 was working ok. I tried YSSY from FlyTampa (note other airports before this tested fine and all other airports seem to test fine), however at 83% loading and the message loading world wide weather, my sim CTD. At first I checked and this was the message:

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.4.16.27077, time stamp: 0x5bfdbb35
Faulting module name: as_connect_64.dll, version: 17.1.1.102, time stamp: 0x5c02f892
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000012e1f
Faulting process id: 0x6f4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d49ee10a765c28
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\as_srv\as_connect_64.dll
Report Id: c44a61fa-c0dd-4f66-a331-98378797c84a
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

However upon trying again a few more times this became the error:

Faulting application name: Couatl.exe, version: 3.2.0.4061, time stamp: 0x5bf59521
Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.17134.319, time stamp: 0xc1f0557a
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x000a24cb
Faulting process id: 0x1c64
Faulting application start time: 0x01d49ee16a574af5
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\Couatl\Couatl.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\ucrtbase.dll
Report Id: 3d537564-4c18-43b1-acf8-5943c89964e0
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

I decided to change nothing and load into both KLAX from FSDreamTeam and YMML from ORBX and no worries at all. Upon uninstalling only ASP4 it seemed to stop the CTD in Sydney and obviously all other airports remained untouched.

I am so lost as to why this maybe and will take any help what so ever. I always fly out of Sydney as an avid Qantas fan so this is a huge bummer for me to see YSSY being tanked by such a needed addon.

Many thanks in advance everyone!

Best Regards, Aaron.

Edited by Aaron Quick

Im super sorry I didn't realise this was the incorrect place to put this post my mistake. Anyway a mod could move this to the CTD part of the forums. Thank you!

3 hours ago, Aaron Quick said:

Faulting module name: as_connect_64.dll, version: 17.1.1.102, time stamp: 0x5c02f892

The simconnect for Active Sky crashed.  I see you updated it to the latest version for P3Dv4.4.  I am not sure why it crashed so you should go to the HiFi website and submit a trouble ticket and perhaps they can troubleshoot it for you.

The other error was caused by couatl.exe throwing a ucrtbase.dll.  This .dll replaced the Microsoft C++ error (such as MSVCR90.dll caused an error).  All it is telling you is that something is not installed properly or is not compatible.  Since it involves the couatl.exe module which belongs to FS Dreamteam, I would suspect FSDT addons.  When your sim loads, it is loading everyone of those Addons installed by the Addon Manager (C:\Program Fixes (x86)/Addon Manager.  There may have been something upgraded for P3DV4.4 so you would want to run the FSDT Live icon and it will update and install anything missing or corrupted.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10