Sign in to follow this  
RichieFly

What would cause this?

I used the Envdir control panel to "Restore and Disable" Envshade (sp?). Now, my Leonardo Maddogs have internal texturing but the external view is skeletal. I just see the seating and cockpit. No wings, tail nor wheels.

I did delete the contents of the shaders directory. Other aircraft are ok. I just wanted to compare the difference between having Evnshade and not having it in relation to the PBR texturing.

Ideas? Should I just reinstall the FlytheMaddog X again?  

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

Assuming you are using the latest version of Maddog, You might need to perform a P3D client repair, it sounds like the PBR shaders were modified or got corrupted, hard to tell. 

Regards 

Simbol 

Yeah. Hard to tell. Thanks for the reply. I think I'll just try a fresh maddog install and see. 

I'll post here if I figure it out.

More:

Well, this is distressing. A fresh, complete reinstall of Leonardo's Md-80 and, initially the stock aircraft loaded. I then enabled some of the PBR liveries using the load manager and I'm back where I started.

I'm afraid Simbol is correct. Evnshade broke something when I disabled it. Fudge.

Edited by RichieFly

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

46 minutes ago, simbol said:

Assuming you are using the latest version of Maddog, You might need to perform a P3D client repair, it sounds like the PBR shaders were modified or got corrupted, hard to tell. 

Regards 

Simbol 

Thanks Simbol. I don't know that I'd have figured this out on my own.

Yes. Reinstalling the P3Dv4.4 client fixed the problem.

I think a warning to Evnshade users is indicated. Although, I don't think there's a forum category for Evnshade.

• Like 1

Richard Chafey

MSFS 2020, DCS

you might want to post your experience on their support forum. I'm sure they would be interested.

http://togaprojects.proboards.com/

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Thanks Vic, will do.

Richard Chafey

MSFS 2020, DCS

21 minutes ago, RichieFly said:

Thanks Simbol. I don't know that I'd have figured this out on my own.

Yes. Reinstalling the P3Dv4.4 client fixed the problem.

I think a warning to Evnshade users is indicated. Although, I don't think there's a forum category for Evnshade.

Glad to help, enjoy your flights.

All the best.

S.

Hello @RichieFly

No worries, if you don’t come to us, I’ll come to you ^^

What may have happened is that an old version of shaders were restored to your sim because you didn’t delete the previous shaders backup.

I know this can be confusing and this is why we are working on something to reset the shaders backup after a client reinstall 😉

Best regards

• Like 1

Maxime
TOGA projects

Thanks for the reply Maxime. Yeah. I bet that was it.

No problems now. I can see where I should have done things differently. That's the nature of this hobby. So many add-ons; so many ways to go wrong.

Richard Chafey

MSFS 2020, DCS