Sign in to follow this  
JethroSeth

Working Carenado Weather Radar P3D v4.4

Hello,

Will anyone help?  Does anyone have their weather radar working in any Carenado aircraft P3D v4.4 (I have the Hawker, C90Gtx, and the Seneca V),  I think I need the CMeteoXmlx64.dll, but can't seem to get Carenado to send me one, they send me the link to the 32 bit version???  I'm pretty sure it should've downloaded with the v4 installer, but doesn't.  I believe it does with the B1900D, but I don't have that aircraft.  Any help or knowledge would really be appreciated.  I had it working fine in v3, but just can't make it work in v4 no matter what I've tried.  I know it's a lame radar anyway, but I would just like it to work.  

Thanks again, 

J

Those files are Carenado Copyrighted. Therefore, can not be shared.

I just did a binary comparison of both files and they are identical.
Try making a copy of CMeteoXml.dll and rename it to CMeteoXmlx64.dll

FYI: When compiling, a developer can choose to make an assembly compatible with "Any CPU" meaning it will run on both x86 & x64 platforms.

Hi, and thank you so much.  

I just don't know what I'm doing wrong, I've followed your suggestion, and copied and renamed the file.  Still nothing.  I did rewrite the script in the dll to follow the x64 path, hope that was right.  I just wonder if it's only me, does anyone have a working weather radar in v4.4?

I've added the script:

Launch.Addon>
    <Name>CMeteoXmlx64.dll</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <Path>.\CMeteoXmlx64.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

to the dll file in program data, that doesn't work, so I moved it to the file in users/appdata/roaming, that doesn't work, I added it to both, I even tried the manual load thing, still nothing.  It makes me wonder, does it work in v4.4?'

Thanks RamonB for any insight, and for your response.

J

Hello.

I can't check now since I'm not on my Sim PC.
Will check the script & weather radar tonight or tomorrow.

Although I don't know if it is working on P3D v4.4, If I recall correctly it was causing some CTD's with P3D.

EDIT: Found this on the Prepar3D forums, back in Feb 18

Edited by RamonB

Hi,

Thanks, really.  Appreciate your help and interest.  It’s the holidays, no rush, it’s awful kind of you.  Thanks again,

Happy Holidays.

J