Sign in to follow this  
AndrejS

Spanish and italian vfr sceneries maybe??

Hi, 

i'm new to flight simulations (enjoyed Falcon 4.0 back in the old days), bought P3D in November. Being airborne to me is a way to relax, so i'm currently doing it the easy (VFR) way. Still lot to learn, but you have to start somewhere. I managed to get Oceania, USA, Austrian, French, UK, German, Swiss, Dutch, Norwegian, Czech and Slovenian (my home country) sceneries, but in order to be able to fly uninterupted from point A to point B (in Europe), i'm missing the Italian and Spanish sceneries. Don't want to go for the freeware, since my current sceneries (Orbx, FranceVFR, FlyLogic, Flugwerk, SimDesign and Ilumium) are so realistic that i doubt free would come close. Can someone give me a hint on both of the sceneries (if possible in one part, France in 15 parts is hurting my wallet), have googled, but found nothing. I'm only flying GA planes below 10000 ft, that's why scenery details matter to me. 

Thanks for your help

Win 7 Home (SP1), i7 2600@3.4, RAM 16gb, gtx 1080 Ti, ssd disks, DELL U2715H

P3d ver 4.5.12.30293, TrackIr v5, T16000M + TWCS

Don’t discount freeware too easily...there is a LOT of great freeware out there done by people who just love the hobby of making scenery, are very skilled at it, and don’t choose to profit from it.  Don’t get me wrong, payware is great stuff, I use some, but some of my best sceneries I have is freeware.

Try http://www.freewarescenery.com/fsx.html to start.  I’m sure others will chime in with suggestions.

If you keep your sceneries outside of the P3D folder as shown in many topics on this site (or use Lorby’s freeware addon organizer), it’s easy to add, test and remove sceneries as needed.

edit: payware autocorrected to spyware...lol

Edited by netshadoe
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

15 hours ago, AndrejS said:

Can someone give me a hint on both of the sceneries (if possible in one part, France in 15 parts is hurting my wallet), have googled, but found nothing. I'm only flying GA planes below 10000 ft, that's why scenery details matter to me. 

I know that you requested payware, but I *have* to recommend the AirHispania freeware photo scenery with Autogen for all of Spain, including Balearic and Canary islands. It gives the payware a good run for its money.

You must read the detailed instructions .pdf to install and make it work correctly.

It's well worth the bandwidth and time effort to get it into you sim.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Thanks guys, i'll check both suggestions when i'll have some spare time for it. Lack of this, coupled with inexperiency (get me some more of what i like NOW!!!), sells payware. I'll check AirHispania (links seem to be dead) for sure and add some freeware airfields. Have downloaded the PDF, it's reading time now. It's all FSX but will hopefully work in p3dv4 

Edited by AndrejS

5 hours ago, F737NG said:

I know that you requested payware, but I *have* to recommend the AirHispania freeware photo scenery with Autogen for all of Spain, including Balearic and Canary islands. It gives the payware a good run for its money.

You must read the detailed instructions .pdf to install and make it work correctly.

Just read the PDF but it seems that none of the links (pages 32 to 39) is working. Domain matradi.com is for sale now and others (uploading.com and jumbofiles.com) are dead. Do you know any alternative site hosting those files maybe? 

9 minutes ago, AndrejS said:

Just read the PDF but it seems that none of the links (pages 32 to 39) is working. Domain matradi.com is for sale now and others (uploading.com and jumbofiles.com) are dead. Do you know any alternative site hosting those files maybe? 

Look for the Mega.NZ link in the 1st post of the thread called "Descarga/Instalación - LEER PRIMERO (23-6-16)" on the AirHispana.com forums.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Thanks, would have never found it on my own. Will report on the progress, now i'm off to fly the Australian scenery while download of Galicia region takes place. 

Edit : First, i'll have to read the updated PDF and only then downloading can start. 

Edited by AndrejS

14 minutes ago, Erdinger said:

Hey, thanks for the link, right now i've installed the scenery proposed by F737NG but it's almost 2am and i'm off to bed. Will check this one (and the Italian :biggrin:) too. Do you have it and if so, is it worth a the money? 

EDIT : Just checked it on YouTube and it seems as if it's only the photoreal layer with no autogen on it, except for the local sceneries (airports). Cause AirHispania (ok, it's HUUUUGE) has autogen for the photo layer too. 

Edited by AndrejS

20 hours ago, F737NG said:

Installed the Asturias and Cantabria sceneries, made a short trip from LEMR to LEXJ and it was is great. LEMR runway is a bit displaced, but other three airports that i flew by were correctly positioned.

Now i'm off to down-under land to enjoy the NZ countryside. 

BIG THANK YOU for sharing the info. 

Edited by AndrejS
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, AndrejS said:

Hey, thanks for the link, right now i've installed the scenery proposed by F737NG but it's almost 2am and i'm off to bed. Will check this one (and the Italian :biggrin:) too. Do you have it and if so, is it worth a the money? 

EDIT : Just checked it on YouTube and it seems as if it's only the photoreal layer with no autogen on it, except for the local sceneries (airports). Cause AirHispania (ok, it's HUUUUGE) has autogen for the photo layer too. 

I think I have it but never installed it. I had the AirHispania installed though, many years ago and it wasn´t bad, the main issue was the discontinuities in color matching between regions, this should not be a problem with Megascenery. Anyway, I guess that you can use the AirHispania autgen with the Magascenery scenery

3 minutes ago, Erdinger said:

I think I have it but never installed it. I had the AirHispania installed though, many years ago and it wasn´t bad, the main issue was the discontinuities in color matching between regions, this should not be a problem with Megascenery. Anyway, I guess that you can use the AirHispania autgen with the Magascenery scenery

The AirHispania orto-photpgraphic scenery has high resolution mesh and autogen (also high qualaity) built from accurate dta from the governmnet of Spain.

https://mega.nz/#F!LZcEyT5I!rvTfq8oluW5HNZiwQ78o-Q

If you download and read the instructions you will find how to usse this scenery as it is, or how can you use the mega-scenery commercia product (is about the same with a few improvements in color transient across regional borders) with the mesh and autgen from thee onefrom AirHispania.

A complementary scenery is the AirHispania SCX package. This is only airports (about 50) aimed precisely at the VFR flifght enthusiasts. (Also has quite a few of the large airposts like Makaga LEMG and Granada LEGR).

http://www.airhispania.com/moddoc01.php?tCod=20121101120945

Regards

Alvaro Escorcia

• Like 1

AHS712D Alvaro Escorcia KSGR/OMAA
AirHispania Virtual Airline
MSFS / ASUS TUF Gaming F15-Refresh-144Hz / 11GenIntel (R)Core (TM) i7-11800H
NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX3060GPU / 1TB-Samsung SSD / 32GB-RAM
SAMSUNG-SmartMonitor-M7-32"4K

I guess i could use the autogen by AirHispania to populate the Megascenery, but AH photo layer is quite sufficient so i'm gonna save 100$ for now and maybe later decide for the payware. 

Thanks guys for the info shared, i guess it won't be me only to start using this beatiful scenery. 

Alvaro, i'll stick with AH scenery, since it's one or the other and all of the airports are already in AH.

Anyway, i'm enjoying it immensely. 

Now that i've got the Spanish scenery covered, it would be great if Italy had something similar too. Eagerly awaiting new info....

17 hours ago, AndrejS said:

Alvaro, i'll stick with AH scenery, since it's one or the other and all of the airports are already in AH.

My assumption was wrong, AirHispania SCX package is an addition to the default scenery, 3d airport objects and much more, so it's worth installing it too. 

Kudos to Fran Garrido and the whole team behind Air Hispania package. 

Edited by AndrejS