Sign in to follow this  
johncott

alabeo Sale???

Does anybody know if Alabeo is having a sale this year? The last few years it has been in September or October and before that it was right after the Carenado sale.

John Cottreau

Edited by johncott
Removed links to a store on a competing flightsim website. We do not support free advertising for competing websites and especially flightsimdot....

Specs: black box thingy with spinning fans, lights and a bunch of wires that go to screens with pretty colours and a keyboard with many keys. The black box thingy also has a push button activated coffee cup holder.

John C.

If you look in the Bargain Hunter's Shack there were some sales for both.  Sorry you missed them.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

27 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

If you look in the Bargain Hunter's Shack there were some sales for both.  Sorry you missed them.

Thank you for pointing me to the Bargain Hunter's Forum.  Did check and the last Carenado sale was earlier this month, Alabeo's was September of 2017, nothing yet this year.  I have been watching closely for an Alabeo sale since January of this year.  This includes their Facebook page, website and on a few store sites. 

Specs: black box thingy with spinning fans, lights and a bunch of wires that go to screens with pretty colours and a keyboard with many keys. The black box thingy also has a push button activated coffee cup holder.

John C.

Alabeo products are mixed in with the Carenado aircraft so pretty positive they had some on sale this month.  You don't know until you click on the aircraft whether it has the Alabeo or Carenado name.

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

3 hours ago, Jim Young said:

Alabeo products are mixed in with the Carenado aircraft so pretty positive they had some on sale this month.  You don't know until you click on the aircraft whether it has the Alabeo or Carenado name.

None of the Alabeo planes were on sale, Carenado only, and mostly their old stuff, apart from the TurboCommander. (yes, I know the difference bw the two) 🙂

I was looking for a sale from them also, disappointing. 

1 hour ago, rightseat said:

None of the Alabeo planes were on sale, Carenado only, and mostly their old stuff, apart from the TurboCommander. (yes, I know the difference bw the two) 🙂

I was looking for a sale from them also, disappointing. 

Exactly. I have a list of Alabeo planes I want, new and old, and checked them during the Carenado sale and also have checked them on a regular basis on other online stores and they have not been on sale this year.  Also, I went back five years on the Alabeo Facebook page and they have announced every sale and the last one was Sept. 2017.  Hopefully, they will have a sale early in the new year.

John Cottreau

John C.

There were Alabeo models on sale this winter - I bought the Cessna 207 50% off from the Carenado website, and  they had the Cessna 177 50% off also. But only for the first day or so.

I only look for Xplane 11 models, there may well have been others.

Cheers
Keith

I've also been watching and waiting for an Alabeo sale. Bought the Carenado 500S Aero Commander after running out of patience, but was really looking for one or two Alabeo aircraft.

If they do come with a sale now, I'm afraid my funds are gone and the window of opportunity has closed.

i7-12700KF, RTX 3080 12GB, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" ultra-wide monitor, Track IR 5, HP Reverb G2, Windows 10 64-bit

Again, if you want an Alabeo developed aircraft on sale, check out the Carenado sales.

Submit News to AVSIM

1 hour ago, Jim Young said:

Again, if you want an Alabeo developed aircraft on sale, check out the Carenado sales. 

Thank you again, will be more diligent checking the Carenado site next year when they have their sale.  I have noticed for awhile the Alabeo planes show up on the Carenado site but not vice-versa.  I did check my preferred online store everyday and the Carenado site every few days during the last Carenado sale  and did not see any Alabeo planes on sale. As Keithb77 mentioned maybe the Alabeo planes were just on sale for a day or two and just on the Carenado site only.

John C.

They are the same.  When I get a request for setting up a new Alabeo forum, it comes from Carenado.

Submit News to AVSIM

Again, didn't see any Alabeos in the Carenado sale that I recognized. The sale was extremely heavy on the Carenado side of the two.

13 hours ago, rightseat said:

Again, didn't see any Alabeos in the Carenado sale that I recognized. The sale was extremely heavy on the Carenado side of the two.

Agreed, there were one or two Alabeo aircraft I wanted to get, they never went on sale. Didn't even notice any other Alabeo aircraft on sale at all.

i7-12700KF, RTX 3080 12GB, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" ultra-wide monitor, Track IR 5, HP Reverb G2, Windows 10 64-bit

I also checked, most Carenado aircraft were on sale at varying degrees of discounted prices, but all of the Alabeo aircraft were full price.  I was considering their C404 Titan, but decided to stick with the Flysimware C402 and then bought the Flysimware C441 when it went on sale.

Edited by stans

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.