Sign in to follow this  
alex123456789

X Plane Screen-Resolution

Hey ,

I have a question. I want to buy a new monitor in 2560x1440. It will the Asus PB277Q . But will it reduce my fps if i take a 2560x1440 monitor instead of a 1920x1080 monitor? My GPU will be the 2080ti.  Thank You for your help 

With that GPU, I'd say not by much noticeable. These GPUs can handle 4k resolution in X-Plane, so I don't see it being an issue 

1 hour ago, tonywob said:

With that GPU, I'd say not by much noticeable. These GPUs can handle 4k resolution in X-Plane, so I don't see it being an issue 

Okay thank you ! Is there any difference between the i7 8700K and the i7 9700K for using X Plane 11 ? 

I am going to buy a new System.  The GPU will be 100% the RTX 2080ti.  But i am still struggling with choosing the right cpu.  I am deciding between an I7 8700K @5GHz  / i7 9700K / i9 9900K . I really don't know which Cpu i should buy.  I want the best performance. 

I'd say that CPU is more important than GPU if you're going to use 2560*1440, GTX 1070 TI or GTX 1080 TI will be more than enough to cope with that, in my experience CPU is the crucial variable with sub 4K resolution.

I have an old 6600K @4.3 Ghz with an extra old GTX 770 4Gb with a 35" 3440*1440 monitor and I honestly don't feel a huge need to upgrade right now, of course I'm tight on VRAM  when using Ortho4xp and I have to set textures 2 level lower.

Edited by Desaix

3 hours ago, alex123456789 said:

I am going to buy a new System.  The GPU will be 100% the RTX 2080ti.  But i am still struggling with choosing the right cpu.  I am deciding between an I7 8700K @5GHz  / i7 9700K / i9 9900K . I really don't know which Cpu i should buy.  I want the best performance. 

If u are limited on funds go 9700K.  If not might as well go for the 9900K.

My 9700K with 2080ti runs Xplane in 4k VERY well.

Matt Wilson

8 hours ago, mpw8679 said:

If u are limited on funds go 9700K.  If not might as well go for the 9900K.

My 9700K with 2080ti runs Xplane in 4k VERY well.

Thank You for your answers! But i could also take the I7 8700K @5GHZ . I don't know if its performance is better than the i7 9700K because it has Hyperthreading.  The I9 9900K would be also good  but i want so the some experience before i buy it.  Is there any comparison available between the i7 8700K vs i7 9700K/i9 9900K on X Plane?  What is your experience mpw8679 with your System? Do you get good frames with the FFA320 in Heavy Scenery areas for example?

10 hours ago, Desaix said:

I'd say that CPU is more important than GPU if you're going to use 2560*1440, GTX 1070 TI or GTX 1080 TI will be more than enough to cope with that, in my experience CPU is the crucial variable with sub 4K resolution.

I have an old 6600K @4.3 Ghz with an extra old GTX 770 4Gb with a 35" 3440*1440 monitor and I honestly don't feel a huge need to upgrade right now, of course I'm tight on VRAM  when using Ortho4xp and I have to set textures 2 level lower.

Thank You! My GPU will be definitely the RTX2080ti

1 hour ago, alex123456789 said:

Thank You! My GPU will be definitely the RTX2080ti

With that beast of a machine, why don't you get a 4K monitor? Rumor is AMD is going to announce new CPUs and GPUs at CES-19! They might be faster and cheaper then INTEL and maybe Nvidia.   

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

17 minutes ago, strider1 said:

With that beast of a machine, why don't you get a 4K monitor? Rumor is AMD is going to announce new CPUs and GPUs at CES-19! They might be faster and cheaper then INTEL and maybe Nvidia.   

I wouldn't recommend an AMD graphics card.

Historically, X-Plane has always worked best with Nvidia cards. Problems with AMD cards do eventually get ironed out, but it just seems that Nvidia has always had the best support in this sim.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

19 minutes ago, Paraffin said:

I wouldn't recommend an AMD graphics card.

Historically, X-Plane has always worked best with Nvidia cards. Problems with AMD cards do eventually get ironed out, but it just seems that Nvidia has always had the best support in this sim.

True but it does not mean AMD cards are going to suck forever. Their CPUs are great!

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

2 hours ago, alex123456789 said:

Thank You for your answers! But i could also take the I7 8700K @5GHZ . I don't know if its performance is better than the i7 9700K because it has Hyperthreading.  The I9 9900K would be also good  but i want so the some experience before i buy it.  Is there any comparison available between the i7 8700K vs i7 9700K/i9 9900K on X Plane?  What is your experience mpw8679 with your System? Do you get good frames with the FFA320 in Heavy Scenery areas for example?

I mostly fly GA in Xplane so I really can’t give an accurate opinion.  I wouldn’t even consider the 8700K unless I got a good deal.  It is a strong CPU but I like 8 physical cores.

Matt Wilson

Do you notice a big difference if you choose 8 physical cores and not hyperthreading? Will the i9 9900K make any difference in performance? Because there are no experiences available

1 hour ago, alex123456789 said:

Do you notice a big difference if you choose 8 physical cores and not hyperthreading? Will the i9 9900K make any difference in performance? Because there are no experiences available

Not sure if that was directed at me but the 9700K does not have HT

Matt Wilson

3 hours ago, strider1 said:

True but it does not mean AMD cards are going to suck forever. Their CPUs are great!

Their video cards may not suck forever, but in recent years they've had far more driver stability and performance issues in both AAA games and flight sims than Nvidia cards.

AMD GPU's may be competitive at the entry level, but the OP is talking about spending for a 2080ti, the most expensive "gaming" card you can get right now. Just my opinion, but if you're spending that kind of money on a GPU, you should be looking at what has the best driver support and stability in your application. 

Edited by Paraffin

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor