Sign in to follow this  
LTCSZ

Best (And Flyable) Single Engine?

Can anyone refer me to a single engine airplane for X-Plane 11, Freeware, Payware, Ransom Your Grandson Ware or any other Ware that is flyable and that will taxi and accelerate without veering off of the runway and so on? I really want to like X-Plane 11, as it seems like the future of our hobby, but my frustration level is rising...Surely someone has produced an aircraft that will perform normally in the simulator? Yes, I know some torque is normal and expected; So call me unrealistic...I want to enjoy my time flying and not spend that time trying to overcome an inherent problem in the program...(I know this will probably bring out the defenders of the extreme torque, but That is not the purpose of this post...I just want to fly! Thanks for any advice! 

Steve

7 Miles NW of KGCK

As my brother said who just learned to fly an ultralight, it is almost impossible to keep it on the center line during the first lessons (sorry, I couldn't resist).

So you would need a jet engine, where there is no torque force applied at all. Try the default Cirrus Vision, and put zero wind.

If this one also veers off excessively, then you probably need to recalibrate your joystick.

Keeping it on the centerline (especially) with the latest 11.30rc2, is a question of anticipation, and isn't so hard to master. But others can explain the technique better.

As with everything, mastering a difficult skill is rewarding. A flight sim adds the difficulty that you can not anticipate the forces by feeling them, the only feedback is visually.

Edited by soaring_penguin
ultralight, not a trike!

10 minutes ago, LTCSZ said:

Ransom Your Grandson Ware

LOL

Can anyone refer me to a single engine airplane for X-Plane 11

A slow, not so "fun to fly" but classic and the best single GA for XP11 IMHO is the AirfoilLabs C172

She has a strong torque though on the ground. Amazingly, once you lift off, torque/deviation to the left is very little compared to the A2A C172 for FSX/P3D.

There is also some good feedback on the new SF-260.

You can also consider the AC for which there is a Reality Expansion Pack.

Hope you will find what you are looking for.

I really want to like X-Plane 11, as it seems like the future of our hobby

Me too I want to believe that.

At this time I have both P3D and XP.

- TONY -

I second the recommendation of the default Cirrus jet for low-frustration takeoffs.

Also, try the default Cessna 172, but don't immediately set full power when you start the takeoff roll. Throttle up slowly, so you stay away from the strongest torque effect right at the start. Get the plane moving enough that you start to get better rudder authority, before going full power. Most airports will have plenty of runway for a leisurely takeoff in the 172.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Of course question do you have twist stick or pedals, makes a big difference also watch end of runway it helps reduce over correction.

I was intrigued with NHadrian's mod for the Carenado C152.  Picked it up at the last sale and installed the mod (freeware).  Absolutely fantastic - flies so much like the real thing, I may start loggin' time again. 

+1 to that! Great little plane that flies and behaves unbelievably well.

As olderndirt said... :smile: