Sign in to follow this  
jd

Radar Contact and JDTLLC in Transition

Twenty-one years ago, two Flight Simulator enthusiasts had a common wish, to improve the ATC in FS. A programmer in Atlanta met an Air Traffic controller in Memphis and we created a company called JDTLLC. We began working on Radar Contact which became the best FS ATC program available for many years. In 2001, after 6 years of work, Version 4.3 was released. Seventeen years later, after deep soul searching, we decided to give RC away for free, and step away from the business of supporting it.

As of January 1st, 2019, we will shutdown the web site, our email, our storage providers, and our e-commerce partner.

What this means to our existing customers, and future owners:

1. Radar Contact 4.3 will be available at no charge, by downloading it from my iCloud Drive. Here is the link.

2. JDTLLC will no longer generate keys. We will give you the same tool we use, the Key Generator.  You can download it from here.

3.  Radar Contact will be supported here on the AVSIM forum.

4. Refunds have already been issued to the customers who purchased RC in the last 3 months.

5. John and Doug will be available, as needed, at jdradarcontact@iCloud.com. Keep in mind, support will be handled here on the forum.

During these 21 years, we have encountered tens of thousands of customers, hundreds of supporters and contributors and dozens of beta testers. We will never be able to adequately express our deepest gratitude and thankfulness to each and every one of you. 

All we can do is say, "Thank You".

John Dekker
📫 JDRadarContact@iCloud.com

Edited by jd
  • Like 25
  • Upvote 11

Thank you very much for making Radar Contact free to the community. I bought mine years ago and still use it.

I'd also like to thank you for all the years of supporting our wonderful hobby, and I wish you the very best moving forward.

Sincerely,

Joel

• Like 1

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

Thank you, JD, for all the hard work giving us a solid ATC experience for many years. I remember support always being prompt, personal and patient for a then newbie not really versed in the intricacies of neither ATC nor the ins and outs of PCs.

Wishing you the very best for 2019!

• Like 1

MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4 | i5 13600KF | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | ASUS TUF RTX 3080 (12GB) | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 850EVO 500GB | 2TB Seagate HDD | Deepcool AK500 CPU Cooler | Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS | CH Yoke | Win 11 22H2 build | MSFS2020 |

Tony K.

Thank you, John!
This is so incredibly generous of you.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

In my opinion the best ATC for GA.

Thank you to all RC team.

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS

I’ve never used RC, but I want to thank you guys for what is an incredibly generous, open, and community-minded approach to (sadly) closing down your operations. Many would have gone the opposite route. You’re a true class act.

James

• Like 2

Thank you John   !!!!

MSFS2020

MICHAEL J     proud supporter

KJAX   FLORIDA

John,

It has been a long time, but you certainly have made FSX a better simulation. I was blessed to get to know professionally and personally during our time at Bell South and appreciated the chance to be an early beta tester.

The fact that RC 4.3 is still in demand today is a testament to you and Doug. You are both gentlemen who have always supported FSX and the community.

I wish both of you the best for 2019 and beyond and Thank You for all you have done.

Paul Goodman

As wonderful a gesture as this is, John, I had hoped we would see a RC5 some day...but thanks.

spacer.png

Hi John,

I still use RC4 on every IFR flight - thanks so much for the superb product, years of enjoyment, and your generous gift... Have you ever considered licensing the source code under an open source license - perhaps some talented community members could pick up where you left off ? It’s certaily the longevity record holder on my PC - no other piece of flight simulator software even comes close...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Wow JD. I've been using RC for so many years I can't even remember not having it. A few (a lot of) years back I was living in Alpharetta and I drove down to pick up a couple of monitors you had for sale. That had to be 14-15 years ago and they are still working. Thanks for all the help over the years and all my best for the future. You'll be missed..........Doug

Edited by W2DR
kant spel

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

A great gesture, I have had RC for over 15 years, since FS9 indeed but appreciate the offering. I have made use of it. I must point out however that W10 Defernder identifies the file rcv4encrypt.exe as a virus. I trust Mr Dekker but worth pointing out in case others are fretful. 

As an aside for newcomers to the program, it is worthy to seek out and download extra voices available here at Avsim. Search using 'Meatwater' as the search term. There are 10 files from memory.

Meatwater voices make a substantial improvement in a wonderful product.

Thank you John for RadarContact.  It has been my go to ATC for more than a decade and your support has been outstanding.

Enjoy your retirement.

John N.