Sign in to follow this  
jd

Radar Contact and JDTLLC in Transition

Many thanks for all of your hard work,support, for this great product.

I have just tried to download both files.The main file downloads ok however the key generator file on my system will not download as it shows a virus detected.I use Opera as a browser.

4 hours ago, norman s said:

Many thanks for all of your hard work,support, for this great product.

I have just tried to download both files.The main file downloads ok however the key generator file on my system will not download as it shows a virus detected.I use Opera as a browser.

It is a false +ve. Be assured nothing vile there. 

This is incredibly generous!

I have not advanced as far as trying to get realistic ATC or IFR flying but it was on my wish list for the future.

I feel like I just got a present from Santa!

Hi Folks,

For those that are new to RC4 - might I suggest the "meatwater" mod in the file library - an audio engineer processed all the WAV files associated with the program - personally - I think it's a big improvement over the original...

Well worth the download:

https://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=rc4+meatwater&CatID=root&Go=Search

Regards,

Scott

Edited by scottb613
  • Like 4

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

12 minutes ago, Reggie025 said:

Will it work in P3Dv4.4?

Reggie C.

RC4 works with FSX, FSX Steam and all versions of P3D.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

4 hours ago, norman s said:

Thanks,The problem is my machine will not download it.!!!

I've just downloaded it using Firefox . Unzipped with Explorer and when I launched the exe Windows 10 showed a protection message. Just choose More Info and then 'Run anyway'. It is safe. Maybe try another browser?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

For those that are new to RC4 - might I suggest the "meatwater" mod in the file library - an audio engineer processed all the WAV files associated with the program - personally - I think it's a big improvement over the original...

Well worth the download:

https://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=rc4+meatwater&CatID=root&Go=Search

Regards,

Scott

Very nice, I've been using RC4 for a couple of years now, I never heard of this mod until now.  Looking forward to trying it. 

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

3 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Well worth the download:

Regards,

Scott

Thanks for the heads up.

Before I download the 10 files, though, I see they are listed as for Flight Simulator 2004. Are they compatible with FSX - SE as well?

Edit: Oh, they aren't as big as I thought so I will just download them and see.

Edited by Bruce66
New information

@Bruce66, they are compatible with all versions of FSX and P3D. Whether you prefer them over the originals is subjective. I'm happy with the originals.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

It's the end of an era.  Thanks JD for everything you've done for the community.  It was and still is much appreciated.

• Like 1

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

RC was one of the first add-ons that I bought for FSX. Even today, it is still credible as a substitute for the default P3d ATC. I moved on from it a while ago, but still remember being impressed with its realism.

• Like 1