Yeah the rc Fsdo can buzz off...

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Adrian123 said:

Spent many an hour in that office after "getting that call".. 😉

Preach!  Ditto here!  lol!

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

Can someone explain exactly how the key generator is supposed to work. Apparently what I'm doing isn't correct. After I generate a key I place it into the space for it on the registration screen, click next. . .it sits there for a few seconds, gives me a "No Response" message and closes. Open Radar Contact and the process begins again, and it becomes a loop of failed attempts. 

In the midst of all this gratitude that RC4 is now freeware, let's not forget that the downside is that it presumably will never be further developed.

It's a wonderful piece of software, that has transformed my flight sim experience, but it's been frozen in time for nearly two decades.

Just think how much better RC5 could have been if the licence had been sold to some enterprising developer.

30 minutes ago, Tight Git said:

It's a wonderful piece of software, that has transformed my flight sim experience, but it's been frozen in time for nearly two decades.

Just think how much better RC5 could have been if the licence had been sold to some enterprising developer.

One decade. v4 came out in 2006. I did suggest to John Dekker he offer the source code out but received no reply. V5 would have included SIDS and STARs but there is a workaround for that in the program.

The main issue is airline names. New ones cannot be added but fortunately they are few and far between.

It’s the only Ai package that has a “Speedbird Concorde“ call-sign so when FSL release a 64-bit Concorde you’re ready!

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Good gesture to the community. Thanks!.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

I was hoping someone here could answer the question I raised, but apparently not. I got the information I needed from the helpful folks at Sim-Outhouse.

I big thank you to the developers of RC for this generous gift. I wish them well.

18 minutes ago, ejwells409 said:

I was hoping someone here could answer the question I raised, but apparently not. I got the information I needed from the helpful folks at Sim-Outhouse.

I big thank you to the developers of RC for this generous gift. I wish them well.

I've got the same question. But when I run the key generator I get a run-time error.

And thank you developers for this generous gift to the community.

EDIT:OK figured it out noted below.

Edited by Lenny777

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

Yes THANK YOU!  Im also getting the run-time error as well with the key generator.

Ok got it to work.  It helps if you copy the registration number over... DUH! Haha

Edited by ooxteme

1 minute ago, ooxteme said:

Yes THANK YOU!  Im also getting the run-time error as well with the key generator.

Start RC. Start the key generator. Enter the product number in the key generator and Click. It will generate a key to paste back in RC.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

1 minute ago, Lenny777 said:

Start RC. Start the key generator. Enter the product number in the key generator and Click. It will generate a key to paste back in RC.

HAHA ya thanks i figured it out... Brain not working today... Thanks

Many thanks! I purchased this product many years ago and really enjoyed it. 

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

Thank you so much for your work over the years. I've been looking for a GA ATC and this gift is super timely. 

Mike McWilliams

Asus Rog Maximus XI Extreme motherboard, Intel i9-9900ks CPU, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 2080 TI video card, G.Skill  TridentZDDR4 32GB SDRAM, Samsung NVMe SSD 970 1TB

I ALWAYS used RC for my flights in the past.  Although I have moved on to another ATC program now, but only recently.  I still have RC4 installed and ready when I need it, because one thing it never does, is fail me 🙂   So, if I am having technical difficulties with the other atc program, I just load up RC4 and in one minute, I am flying with ATC again 😉

I can't thank John and Doug enough for the fun they have brought to our hobby!!  I think it is awesome that they are making RC available to all!!  If there is a Flight Simulator Hall of Fame, Radar Contact is right up there with the best!  Congrats for the long run of success 🙂 

Bruce

Bruce Wood