Sign in to follow this  
jd

Radar Contact and JDTLLC in Transition

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 7:31 AM, Ray Proudfoot said:

RC4 works with FSX, FSX Steam and all versions of P3D.

I thought RC was for FS9 as well.  Is that not the case?

25 minutes ago, Carob said:

I thought RC was for FS9 as well.  Is that not the case?

It will. I'm just surprised there are still some FS9 owners around.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

As many others have already done, I'd like to say thank you not only for making this software free but a thank you to all those involved in its development and upkeep all these years.  I've been a user of Radar contact for a good 10 years.  Like many, I still use it very often.

Edited by Andayle

Dean Farley

hi JD

Thank you very much for making Radar Contact free to the community

download of rcv4   

and rcv4encrypt    are OK.

but to generat the key with erv4encrypt,     i fill the first above window with ????      to have the good key!!!!!

thanks in advance

regards Patrick

3 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

There are many actually.

1 hour ago, 12pabpab said:

hi JD

Thank you very much for making Radar Contact free to the community

download of rcv4   

and rcv4encrypt    are OK.

but to generat the key with erv4encrypt,     i fill the first above window with ????      to have the good key!!!!!

thanks in advance

regards Patrick

It’s all explained in the manual. Paste the product key into the top field and then press the generate button.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi all, happy to have RC back and trying to use with P3Dv4.4 My problem is that I get the following error message

MSTDFMT.DLL is missing

Error # 713

I am using Windows 10 1809 (the latest update, and a check of my Windows folders reveals that the file is missing. I have checked online for a solution, but have found nothing satisfactory....I am open to any ideas or suggestions....thanks...

Sherm

There are several treads in this forum that address that specific issue. Would recommend doing a search.

Ernest Pergrem

11 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

The end of a long path Ray. Maybe some enterprising soul will see a light, contact JD and negotiate an arrangement to get their hands on the source code and take it further.

As for FS9, I still have it and am an owner, just won't re-install it - ever.

PS - shame about the football result on Thursday night. 10 points would have been a welcome buffer and provide for a couple of stutters between now and May.

3 hours ago, chumley said:

The end of a long path Ray. Maybe some enterprising soul will see a light, contact JD and negotiate an arrangement to get their hands on the source code and take it further.

As for FS9, I still have it and am an owner, just won't re-install it - ever.

PS - shame about the football result on Thursday night. 10 points would have been a welcome buffer and provide for a couple of stutters between now and May.

Hi Andy,

I very much doubt we'll see RC again. Maybe if someone confident in VB was to make them an offer they couldn't refuse but I don't see it happening.

JD just seems to have lost all interest not just in the product but support. I doubt he or Doug will post again here. If they didn't when it was earning them money do you really expect them to support a free product?

Yes, shame about the result but City got the rub of the green. Hopefully back to winning ways tonight.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

thanks RAY,

it’s all explained in the manual. Paste the product key into the top field and then press the generate button.

RCv4 Encrypt give me too windows and a press button in between Encrypt 4

what is the text i give in?

but where can y found the good installation manual for RCV4?

Regards Patrick

Hi JD,

From an old Beta Tester, I'm sad RC5 didn't work out, but you only live once and have to decide whats important 😉 

Still using RC4 after all these years, and it still can't be bested.

Neil

ps. You'll have to come for a visit to our Virtual London City tower if your'e ever over!

beta.gif

1 hour ago, 12pabpab said:

thanks RAY,

it’s all explained in the manual. Paste the product key into the top field and then press the generate button.

RCv4 Encrypt give me too windows and a press button in between Encrypt 4

what is the text i give in?

but where can y found the good installation manual for RCV4?

Regards Patrick

Patrick,

You are presented with a Product Key when you install RC4 and run it the first time. Paste that into the top field in the key generator and press the button. Then copy and paste the generated code into the field provided in RC4.

The manual should be in the main RC4 folder.

Edited by Ray Proudfoot
  • Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

8 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

JD just seems to have lost all interest not just in the product but support. I doubt he or Doug will post again here. If they didn't when it was earning them money do you really expect them to support a free product?

Which is precisely why I'm finding all this praise for John and Doug rather hard to stomach when it's Ray and Ronzie who are the real heroes for all the support they've provided us simmers over the years.

Edited by Tight Git
  • Like 1