Sign in to follow this  
jd

Radar Contact and JDTLLC in Transition

Hi,

After trying to install ATC I'm being told that I have a missing DLL file on checking my windows folder's (sys32 & SysWOW64) and the file is in there,.any help would be appreciated

18 minutes ago, jurgenmitch1947 said:

Hi,

After trying to install ATC I'm being told that I have a missing DLL file on checking my windows folder's (sys32 & SysWOW64) and the file is in there,.any help would be appreciated

What is the name of the file? If it’s MSSTDFMT.DLL it probably needs registering.  Try this 

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

18 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

What is the name of the file? If it’s MSSTDFMT.DLL it probably needs registering.  Try this 

The name is MSSTDFMT.DLL if it needs to be registered how can I as it's not a program

@jurgenmitch1947, if you read the instructions in the link you'll see how a DLL can be registered.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

3 minutes ago, jurgenmitch1947 said:

Hi Ray,  I followed the instructions to the letter, it told me that the DLL was now registered but still come up  with the same problem when I try and run ATC

Can you paste the error message please?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 minute ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Can you paste the error message please?

Hi Ray,  I followed the instructions to the letter, it told me that the DLL was now registered but still come up  with the same problem when I try and run ATC

Just give me 2 mins 

When you entered the command in the DOS window to register it were you in the same folder where the DLL is located?

I think if you aren't the message about a succesful registration is wrong. What folder is the file in?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Just now, Ray Proudfoot said:

When you entered the command in the DOS window to register it were you in the same folder where the DLL is located?

I think if you aren't the message about a succesful registration is wrong. What folder is the file in?

yes

I've tried the sys32 and the syswow64 as my pc windows is 64

It needs to be in the syswow64 folder. Remove it from any other folders.

Follow the guidance in this topic. It seemed to work for that chap.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/518628-i-give-up-error-713/?do=findComment&comment=3704285

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

This poster also managed to register it...

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

3 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

This poster also managed to register it...

Sorry Ray I must a bit slow but I'm following what the instructions says but I must not be doing something right as it ain't working for me

Show me exactly what you're typing in the DOS window.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 minute ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Show me exactly what you're typing in the DOS window.

C:\>C:\Windows\SysWOW64\REGSVR32 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\MSSTDFMT.DLL

C:\>Windows\SysWOW64\REGSVR32 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\MSSTDFMT.DLL

C:\>Cd \windows\syswow64

C:\Windows\SysWOW64>regsvr32 /u msstdfmt.dll

C:\Windows\SysWOW64>regsvr32 msstdfmt.dll