Sign in to follow this  
jd

Radar Contact and JDTLLC in Transition

@Ray Proudfoot

Hi Ray, here am I 😉

So, I made my first fly from EGCC to EGLC just now. But my FSX out of memory just before my last turn to align in final 27. I've a lot of problem with that and it's sad. 😒

But I really like RCV4 and I would to thank everybody for such a work ! I think I won't use ProATCX anymore.

Just a question to no create a topic for this : when I read the text, last number miss ! 😕 But I heard it.

For example : QNH 101. instead of 1013 ? Heading 14. instead of 145

Do you have an idea of what I can do to solve it ?

Thanks once more and regards.

@Lfsn54, it’s recommended you don’t have the text option enabled. Just audio only and listen carefully, just like in the real world. 😉

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Just now, Ray Proudfoot said:

@Lfsn54, it’s recommended you don’t have the text option enabled. Just audio only and listen carefully, just like in the real world. 😉

Thanks a lot, but I'm french and sometimes, it's difficult for me to understand all. My english is not too bad but hearing AND flying at the same time, it's hard. 😄 Especially in Q400.

Is there any way to see ALL the numbers ? 😉

Not that I know of, sorry. There is an option to request the instruction be repeated. See if that helps.

One option I use is to hand comms over to Otto, your virtual co-pilot. He acks everything leaving you to fly the aircraft. Turn him on after you receive clearance to take-off. Lessens the workload. Can you create a new topic for any further questions please. 😉

Edited by Ray Proudfoot

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I've just had a XP machine built so I can return to my preferred planes in FS9 and while looking for info on re-registering RCv4 I found this comment by Ray:

"I'm just surprised there are still some FS9 owners around."

We're not going anywhere Ray 😉 I've just reinstalled Flight Unlimited though I'm disappointed to find RCv4 doesn't work with it.  

While the key generator is still available at iCloud, I see that www.jdtllc.com is now up for sale; I hope everything's still ok with John and his family.

@Dave Morgan, you are a rare breed still running FS9. :smile:  John lost interest in RC some years ago so I’m not surprised the website is no longer under his ownership. Bit sad though, the end of an era.

I haven’t heard from John in a year or more. Emails to his private account haven’t been bounced so he is still around.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hello can I please ge thelp installing radar contact 4, the key generation part what are you supposed to do with the key generator mine doesnt seem to work or i am not using it properly. I downloaded the free version from this website

4 hours ago, pseazel said:

Hello can I please ge thelp installing radar contact 4, the key generation part what are you supposed to do with the key generator mine doesnt seem to work or i am not using it properly. I downloaded the free version from this website

You launch the key generator (using admin privileges) and paste the product key produced by RC into the top field. Then press the button to generate the key.

Paste that key into the field in RC4 and it should be accepted.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

5 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

You launch the key generator (using admin privileges) and paste the product key produced by RC into the top field. Then press the button to generate the key.

Paste that key into the field in RC4 and it should be accepted.

Thank you it installed , I will be testing it in a few minutes

• Upvote 1