Sign in to follow this  
jd

Radar Contact and JDTLLC in Transition

Add me to the list of people who greatly appreciate the gesture and I say congratulations on a job well done over the journey.

RC was one of the first addons I purchased around 2008 I think and it remained a favourite until just recently. A shame that Version 5 never eventuated but an amazing gesture of generosity in releasing as freeware - Kudos to you gents!

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

Thank you so much for this wonderful gift. It is always sad to see developers go, especially with products as good as this. Best wishes for a Happy and prosperous New Year!

Thanks guys! Enjoyed your product for many years and hours. Appreciated and good luck to you!!!

Intel Core i9-1300K, ASUS TUF Z790-Plus, EVGA 1600 P, Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 2TB, Crucial 5200 DDR5 32 GB, MSI  4090, Verjo Aero, Store MSFS 2020.

Thank you so much JD! I'd pay for it one more time if I had to. Simply the best on the market.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Thank you for making Radar Contact available to the community.  Nearly everyone I have read in the flight sim community praised RC as one of the best, if not the best, ATC add-on ever.  I have purchased two other ATC programs as for whatever reason RC didn't have want I wanted from the other two programs.  I look forward to the opportunity to try RC and compare it with the other ATC options and seeing what its true strengths were.  Best wishes for your future endeavors.

Sim: Prepar3D 5.2 (main) and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020), CH Eclipse Yoke, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA Side Stick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Cessna trim wheel, TrackIR 5, SPAD.neXt running 3 Saitek Logitech panels, ButtKicker Gamer 2, Razer Naga Chroma gaming mouse

System: Intel i5-10600K CPU @ 4.10 GHz, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 64GB DDR4 RAM @ 4200 MHz, ASRock Z490M Pro4, 2TB Intel NVMe SSD 660p, 3 monitors

On 12/31/2018 at 9:36 AM, Ray Proudfoot said:

I've just downloaded it using Firefox . Unzipped with Explorer and when I launched the exe Windows 10 showed a protection message. Just choose More Info and then 'Run anyway'. It is safe. Maybe try another browser?

Ray,

Thanks for suggesting Firefox - that finally got it downloaded, but Windows 10 still is refusing to run the file. I know it's a false positive but has anyone figured out how to trick Windows defender into allowing this to run?

Thanks!

Mark Lam

9 minutes ago, Midcon113 said:

Ray,

Thanks for suggesting Firefox - that finally got it downloaded, but Windows 10 still is refusing to run the file. I know it's a false positive but has anyone figured out how to trick Windows defender into allowing this to run?

Thanks!

Mark,

W10 blocks it but click on more info. You should see a Run Anyway option. That sorts it.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thank you John! This now means we wont have to chase you up for our registration info anymore, something I feel we are all happy with. Good luck for the future.

Kind Regards

Lonz

17 minutes ago, retnavycpo said:

I installed Radar Contact, and activated it successfully without problems.  Created a flight plan in FSX.  Started up Radar Contact, and selected that flight plan.  Up pops the following error about a missing .dll file.  I am running Windows 10.  Any help here?  Pete

https://drive.google.com/open?id=14SYCjKdcUfA-Ivqj5XdMSMP8vsigQTqy

Follow the advice in this topic. That file is not included in Windows 10.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

So I am unclear on one thing...is this the support forum for RC?

I tried the link in the download and it was dead.

I have a possible problem I would like to ask about. I will put it here for now but I can post it elsewhere if it is more appropriate.

When installing the program it went OK until it tried to install FSUIPC4 when it said my version of FSX is 'later than any known by this FSUIPC4.' Then a window came up saying, 'Your FSX installation is incorresct! The version of SimConnect installed will not load FSUIPC4. You may need to repair the FSX instsallation to rectify this first. No changes have been made by this program.'

When I try to run RC it comes up with a message, 'Insert the "Quick Mission Tuner 1946" disc and click OK.' Which I think is really odd as I thought that was a program addon for Il-2 Sturmovik 1946.

After pressing cancel three times the RC program comes up and looks OK but I have not tried to connect it to FSX yet as I wanted to see if this was a known issue.

Has anyone any experience of this/these issue/issues?

Edit: Sure enough when I try to connect RC to FSX I get a message saying, 'IRC request contains bad data.' and that's it.

I assume it is all because the FSUIPC4 wont install.

Sorry another edit: So I went looking for FSUIPC4 and found it here: Link

And now RC starts but with the 'Quick Mission Tuner 1946' message still happening. I load a flight plan into RC and the 'QMT 1946' message again but now I can connect to FSX.I'm not sure it is working right as it is quite a big manual and I am working my way through it.

So, is the 'Quick Mission Tuner 1946' part of RC and if so where do I find it in the install to turn it on?

Edited by Bruce66
more information

1 hour ago, Bruce66 said:

So I am unclear on one thing...is this the support forum for RC?

I tried the link in the download and it was dead.

I have a possible problem I would like to ask about. I will put it here for now but I can post it elsewhere if it is more appropriate.

When installing the program it went OK until it tried to install FSUIPC4 when it said my version of FSX is 'later than any known by this FSUIPC4.' Then a window came up saying, 'Your FSX installation is incorresct! The version of SimConnect installed will not load FSUIPC4. You may need to repair the FSX instsallation to rectify this first. No changes have been made by this program.'

When I try to run RC it comes up with a message, 'Insert the "Quick Mission Tuner 1946" disc and click OK.' Which I think is really odd as I thought that was a program addon for Il-2 Sturmovik 1946.

After pressing cancel three times the RC program comes up and looks OK but I have not tried to connect it to FSX yet as I wanted to see if this was a known issue.

Has anyone any experience of this/these issue/issues?

Edit: Sure enough when I try to connect RC to FSX I get a message saying, 'IRC request contains bad data.' and that's it.

I assume it is all because the FSUIPC4 wont install.

Sorry another edit: So I went looking for FSUIPC4 and found it here: Link

And now RC starts but with the 'Quick Mission Tuner 1946' message still happening. I load a flight plan into RC and the 'QMT 1946' message again but now I can connect to FSX.I'm not sure it is working right as it is quite a big manual and I am working my way through it.

So, is the 'Quick Mission Tuner 1946' part of RC and if so where do I find it in the install to turn it on?

Well how very odd.

I found Quick Mission Tuner 1946 and ran the repair facility for it (it is indeed a program for Il-2 1946) and now RC runs without a hitch!

Strange...

Thank you, JD, for all the hard work giving us a solid ATC experience for many years.