Sign in to follow this  
Gianfranco4115

Reality XP GTN 750 "Black Screen" (resolved)

4 hours ago, Draggendrop said:

Hello Gene...

It appears that you have 2 problems. The first is the "flagged file" from the GTN update and the second problem will be integration of the instrument into your panel. Deal with problem #1. Make your own topic about aircraft integration later once we have the GTN750 up and running.

I suggest that you now make a new topic  in this section. Call the topic "Blank screen after GTN update". Presently, you are piggy backed onto another thread and the members here have intelligently found the solution to the issues but it is a lot on your plate all at once.

Please follow these instructions.

1] Make the new topic in this section. Call the topic "Blank screen after latest GTN update".

2] Copy your original post into this new topic...
   https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/547734-reality-xp-gtn-750-black-screen-resolved/page/3/?tab=comments#comment-4465939

3] Open your virus program and we are going to do 2 things...    Very important.

a] Put an "exclusion", from virus program scanning, for this folder     C:\ProgramData/Reality XP     Will explain later.

b) Check in the quarantine section for a listing of   C:\ProgramData/Reality XP\rxpGtnSim32.dll   
      If the dll is there, remove it from quarantine. This will place it back into the proper folder.
      If the dll was there, and you removed it from quarantine...sometimes that is enough to allow it to work. If not, we will be removing and re installing the GTN and the trainer.
      Fire up X-Plane 11 and choose an aircraft, power it up and see if at least the popup/popout GTN works.

4] If you followed all of the upper 3 steps and still no luck...we will need to do this...  uninstall/reinstall of GTN and trainer

State in the new topic when you have completed the first 3 steps.

Take your time...a search engine  is also handy for virus program instructions if you have none on hand.    

Have to say...that's really going above and beyond to help someone.  Good on you!

• Like 1

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Same problem for me running FSX Steam. I removed the MISS scanned RXP dll from quarenteen this morning and then I did a complete uninstall of all RXP files, even the GNS. I will do reinstall later in week. Work gets my time priority until weekend and then Mrs gets it this weekend, Valentines. 

took me 2 days to get it back to working condition, i had to completely uninstall the trainer and the GTN, then get a new e-commerce installer from RealityXP and add the exception to the RealityXP folder. I tried everything before with no luck, Here's the tidbit that nobody is talking about, Flight1.com, which is where my purchase went through to is NO LONGER SUPPORTING THE PRODUCT KEY. When you get the new installer it is keyless. 

23 hours ago, Gene Comroe said:

I guess being an 8000 hr ATP with multiple type ratings does not qualify you to play video games. I do not understand how to do what is being discussed. Can anyone make it simple enough for me (a dunce) to follow?

Let me reassure you the reverse is true as well!

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Somehow the download comes up as unconfirmed 941324. It may be trying to download as rxpGTN-750-XPL(1)exe but it appears to take several hours??? What next

Gene

4 minutes ago, Gene Comroe said:

the download comes up as unconfirmed 941324.

Can you please explain what this is?!? Is this a file? A popup error message number? something else?

I've just downloaded it to make sure the server was not having an issue and it took a few secs only.

Can you cross check your anti-virus has not quarantined any 'rxp' file?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

I unquarantined mine and this morning it quarantined it again.  Using Windows Defender.  The good news is that, after I unquarantined it again, disabling and reenabling the GTN with the sim running brought the unit up without having to restart x-plane.

• Like 1

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

1 hour ago, Gene Comroe said:

rxpGTN-750-XPL(1).exe was blocked because it could harm your device

I had a hunch we would run into this...

Shut down Macafee for the duration of the install.  To put it nicely, I deem Macafee as the malware. You have Windows Defender there to help you and then we are only dealing with one better behaved system.

Shut down Macafee and launch it. If Windows Defender picks up the dll, allow it.

It should install now.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gene Comroe said:

I am such a dunce: how do I shut down MacAfee?

Don't let it bother you. Macafee has caused a lot of problems over the years and I was hesitant about leaving it on during this process.

You have Defender and it will do . 

Go to Control Panel, Programs and uninstall Macafee....you can install it back if you want to later....word of advice...loose the key.

1) remove Macafee

2) delete everything in your downloads folder.

3) redownload the wrapper program

4) Once downloaded, run it

5) Windows Defender will be up and running now, if the dll gets flagged, allow it same as before.

6) The wrapper program will install the GTN software and the trainer.

7) Read before you click. If the program wants to know where X-Plane 11 folder is, use the app browse to direct it to the folder.

Good luck...should work now

Smile.....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

I unquarantined mine and this morning it quarantined it again.  Using Windows Defender. 

This will keep happening if you do not add an exclusion for the folder..

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 1

Bert

I think that I disabled McAfee, but got the same error message, how can I tell. Maybe windows defender stopped it from downloading????

9 minutes ago, Gene Comroe said:

I think that I disabled McAfee, but got the same error message, how can I tell. Maybe windows defender stopped it from downloading????

Did you go to Control panel and remove Macafee...if not...please do it now.

Do not disable, remove it completely...it is causing way too much trouble.

The reason we are removing it is that you do not uderstand how it operates and are unable to exclude the folder.

You will have better luck with Defender for now.

Remove Macafee...it is wasting our time right now.

Edited by Draggendrop
  • Like 2