Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

Radar Contact v4.3 now free

Title says it all. For all the info and links read this announcement...

• Like 7

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thanks Ray.....those guys will be missed..........Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

The bit about "step away from the business of supporting it" made me LOL, there has only really been Ray and a couple of others here that have supported it over the last few years.

It would be nice if the released the source code for V5 and let someone finish it though.

Edited by Glynn

9 minutes ago, Glynn said:

The bit about "step away from the business of supporting it" made me LOL, there has only really been Ray and a couple of others here that have supported it over the last few years.

It would be nice if the released the source code for V5 and let someone finish it though.

You might think that Glynn. I couldn’t possibly comment. 😉

I did suggest releasing the source code in an email. It didn’t get a response. Anyway, JD and Doug will now be providing support in the forum so that will help me and Ronzie.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hey Gang,

I am wondering if some of the Radar Contact users or contributors ever added the names of some of the second tier airports to the Voice list so we hear New Orleans, San Diego and Las Vegas rather than Kilo Mike Sierra Yankee airport, or Kilo Sierra Alpha November airport or Kilo Lima Alpha Sierra airport.

There must be a file floating around someplace that can be added to the freeware edition or enable some user additions.

Thanks,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

@raymar, at the time we were choosing which airports to enunciate everyone was invited to name the ones they felt should be included. They were then locked down before recording started. Those who recorded are spread around the world and no longer communicate with the developers or each other.

Remember too these were recorded 13 years ago and time stands still for no-one.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thanks Ray,

Well, you guys did a great job with the selection.  I doubt there is a list of the 109 that made the cut, but there must be about 25 or so in the US.

I seem to remember someone had a freeware utility to do exactly what I am wanting to do.  Sure, the voice may not match exactly, but it would be an improvement over spelling out of the letters of the smaller airports.  Hard to believe New Orleans, Las Vegas or San Diego failed to make the list, but, I guess you have to draw the line someplace.

Looks like there may be a bit of resurrection of RCv4 in the near future.  There is still one more flight sim out there with quiet skies that can make good use of most of the features.  Should that come to pass, someone in that crowd will probably want to bring it up to date and figure out how to add a second wave of airport names.

Thanks for sticking with it all these years, I have been testing it for the last couple of weeks and find it has held up extremely well all these years.

Regards,

RayM

• Upvote 1

@raymar, if you look in the main RC4 folder there should be a sub-folder named script. Within that there is a RCWavUtil.exe. Running that will allow you to create your own voice set as either a pilot or controller. Be aware there are 1796 separate wavs to record for a pilot and 1909 for a controller. No small effort.

I know this isn't what you asked for but looking at how the structure works it does seem possible to add new airports for them to be enunciated as "San Diego" rather than Kilo Sierra Alpha November.

A couple of ocx files need to be registered and those are in the script folder. This isn't the place for detailed instructions so let me know if you want to proceed given your voice is going to be very different to the existing voices.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thanks a million Ray for your generous offer.  I would like to do a little more background work before I jump into making my own WAV files.  But, I may ask for some help along for way, for sure.  It is encouraging to know that the possibility does exist.

@raymar, one piece of software you will need is something that allows you to edit wav files to remove dead space at the beginning and end.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

15 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@raymar, one piece of software you will need is something that allows you to edit wav files to remove dead space at the beginning and end.

Audacity will do the job! :gaul:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

52 minutes ago, n4gix said:

Thanks Bill.  Audacity it is.  

16 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Thanks Ray.  I appreciate your continued support on this.

8 hours ago, n4gix said:

That's what I used 13 years ago and it's still installed. 👍

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray, forgive me if I'm asking a question that has already been answered, but does RC manage the AI as does VoxATC?

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776