Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

Radar Contact v4.3 now free

Hi Howard,

It reacts to them rather than controlling them. FSX was very possessive when it came to outside programs trying to take control and it ended up as a right battle. But unlike some other ATC programs that only interact with your aircraft and ignore the others RC does issue instructions to them and they react accordingly.

I have never tried VoXATC so I don't know how well it can control Ai. I suppose the ultimate test is spacing them out to 4 nm intervals inbound to a busy airport.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I replaced the originals voice files with the Meatwater files and the replacement files sounded scratchy, too much static and tinty to me.  I removed them and went back to the originals.  Must just be me.

Regards,

RayM

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Ray,

I’ve not installed the meatwater files so can’t advise other than to suggest you replace like with like. If anyone has added them they are in a better position to advise.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

@Spitty, RC4 requires you to file a flight plan and stick to it. You can fly a GA or a 747 or even Concorde. As long as you pass over your filed waypoints RC will give you credit and at 40nm out from your destination airport will give you vectors to the landing runway. Alternatively, you can request to fly your own approach.

The speed of the aircraft is irrelevant. What is important is you fly what you file.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ok thank you. 
Does the vectors it gives you relate to the STAR that you file? Or like default   ATC and it directs you all over the place?
if you don’t file a flight plan with a STAR, does it give you more direct vectors to the landing runway? 

RC4 allows you to fly a STAR with the proviso you should be at a predetermined altitude 40nm from arrival. It definitely does not vector you all over the place. The STAR waypoints need to be in your plan. Once a plan is loaded it cannot be altered.

Download and install it. It’s free. There is a learning curve but with some dedication you’ll be pleased with what it offers. Plenty others have.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather