Sign in to follow this  
Scotteve79

A few thoughts.

C'mon gents, if you are real sim pilots you will know it is a requiremnent to carry your own torch! LOL

Grew up on AFB bases through the 70s, never once saw a pilot who didn't keep a pen-light in the front pocket of the jump suit.  It's your last line of defense at night if all else should fail (electrically).

To the fellow who wanted to carry a candle around the plane after a refesh refuling, I'd have to agree that things might indeed get lively quickly!

Mark

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, mtrainer said:

Grew up on AFB bases through the 70s, never once saw a pilot who didn't keep a pen-light in the front pocket of the jump suit.  It's your last line of defense at night if all else should fail (electrically).

To the fellow who wanted to carry a candle around the plane after a refesh refuling, I'd have to agree that things might indeed get lively quickly!

Any time I took someone flying, I'd get a comment on the number of flashlights that I had at my disposal, all in my flight bag.

Kyle Rodgers

I'm not sure if it's in the FARs but I was taught that a flashlight is mandatory equipment for night flying.

Dan Downs KCRP

5 minutes ago, downscc said:

I'm not sure if it's in the FARs but I was taught that a flashlight is mandatory equipment for night flying.

I think it's in 121 that a D-Cell (or equiv) flashlight is available.

If memory serves...

Kyle Rodgers

On 12/30/2018 at 1:15 PM, sloppysmusic said:

I had this problem for years then along comes LINDA and now I have a rocker switch programmed LEFT to turn on battery and RIGHT to turn on dome. Problem solved! 

Great idea!  

• Upvote 1

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

54 minutes ago, mtrainer said:

Kyle,

did you program fuel vapors into the code for your planes? If so you could genuinely advertise other developers can't hold a candle to PMDG products.....

• Like 3

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

10 hours ago, mtrainer said:

Grew up on AFB bases through the 70s, never once saw a pilot who didn't keep a pen-light in the front pocket of the jump suit.  

I always kept a mini-mag light in the inner leg pocket of my 'bag'.