Rocky_53

Hyperthreading off works great!

16 minutes ago, Cruachan said:

My Superposition Benchmark Results:

Run twice

jyioDN2.png

cGcMDyz.png

Mike

Cool Mike...😎 Thanks for posting that.... Good scores too...

I just have to ask... what in the heck is that thing with the red cylinders sticking out at the top... Some kind of atom smasher, or what... lol

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, SunDevil56 said:

Cool Mike...😎 Thanks for posting that.... Good scores too...

I just have to ask... what in the heck is that thing with the red cylinders sticking out at the top... Some kind of atom smasher, or what... lol

How long did the test run?

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

8 minutes ago, reecemj said:

How long did the test run?

It took about 4 1/2 minutes on my system.

I would be curious to see how people's systems bench with this app @ 2560x1440 

Edited by SunDevil56

Capture.jpg

no clue what any of those #s mean.😄

i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz, ASUS Z170-PRO GAMING, 32GB DDR4 2666MHz, 750W EVGA SuperNOVA, 512GB Samsung 960 PRO, 1TB Western Digital - Black Edition
RTX 2080Ti (MSI trio), Corsair H115i - 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler

While the you system score is decent  your image editing score tells me that your cpu and memory subsystem isnt doing much to help your gpu. Really, your imaging score should be closer to 20 than 30.

Edited by FunknNasty

13 hours ago, IAhawkeyeDDS said:

no clue what any of those #s mean.😄

Hey man, to put a face behind your benchmark; how would you rate your overall p3d experience?

44 minutes ago, FunknNasty said:

While the you system score is decent  your image editing score tells me that your cpu and memory subsystem isnt doing much to help your gpu. Really, your imaging score should be closer to 20 than 30.

My image editing score is more in line with Mike's, ie. around 30.

As for my overall P3D experience, i'd rate it very good to excellent. I get smooth, virtually stutter free performance with very good framerates in all but the most demanding scenery environments, and that's with all the usual "eye candy" stuff installed, ie. the full ORBX global range, and a bunch of higher end airport  and aircraft scenery add on's, and with most of the settings and sliders in P3D at very high or max levels.

Given that your system seems to run like a scalded dog, i'd be curious to see what your Superposition benchmark score looks like... You'll probably flog mine and Mike's, but that's ok, like I said my overall experience is quite good, so no complaints here... And it's like you said, this isn't about "my system is great and your's sucks", to me it's more about comparing notes, and seeing what does what on a given setup...😎

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FunknNasty said:

I was very happy with v4.4 after I added the 2080Ti.  Very smooth and mostly high FPS (50-60 on gsync 60Hz 4K monitor) .  At EGLL 20-30 FPS and no stutters.  But last weekend I added Netherlands TE and now I've developed a micro stutter ~ ever 5 seconds ☹️ and everywhere.  Not sure why.  Real happy with autogen drawing... sure during exterior views autogen will pop but from the VC I rarely notice autogen popping up.  You can see in the distance the micro autogen starting to materialize.  Very happy with v4.4!!!!  Just want to get back from this micro-stutter.

Without hyper-threading my RealBench score goes from 150,000 to 112,000.  Pretty drastic difference there.  

I wonder if the memory issue is due to me adding two more 8MB sticks after my build.  I know they are different sticks compared to the original two but the guy had told me they should work together despite being different.

i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz, ASUS Z170-PRO GAMING, 32GB DDR4 2666MHz, 750W EVGA SuperNOVA, 512GB Samsung 960 PRO, 1TB Western Digital - Black Edition

2 hours ago, FunknNasty said:

Hi Ken,

As one whose imaging score is closer to 30secs than 20secs I can’t say that I’m noticing any significant hits in graphic performance, and that’s with a 1080Ti rather than the 2080Ti. Perhaps the point you are making is that the the 5960X/1080Ti/Mem at 2666Mhz is closer to being a more balanced system than that used by IAhawkeyeDDS, and upgrading his CPU would help?

Can you explain why the RealBench Image editing score is relevant as far as P3D is concerned? Is it more to do with the CUDA core count/parallel processing and the ability of the CPU to feed data to the GPU for certain real-time operations?

Regards,

Mike

2 hours ago, IAhawkeyeDDS said:

I wonder if the memory issue is due to me adding two more 8MB sticks after my build.  I know they are different sticks compared to the original two but the guy had told me they should work together despite being different.

Yes, they'll work, and I'm no expert here, but I think it's usually more desirable to have matched RAM "kits", at least that's what I have heard. 

If you are running HT on are you using an affinity mask..?? If so, it can take a lot of experimenting to find a really good one for your particular setup...

1 hour ago, SunDevil56 said:

Yes, they'll work, and I'm no expert here, but I think it's usually more desirable to have matched RAM "kits", at least that's what I have heard. 

If you are running HT on are you using an affinity mask..?? If so, it can take a lot of experimenting to find a really good one for your particular setup...

No AM applied at this time.   I would surely try it but I wouldn't know where to start with it.  I think once in the past I may have tried "253" with marginal success.

2 hours ago, Cruachan said:

Hi Ken,

As one whose imaging score is closer to 30secs than 20secs I can’t say that I’m noticing any significant hits in graphic performance, and that’s with a 1080Ti rather than the 2080Ti. Perhaps the point you are making is that the the 5960X/1080Ti/Mem at 2666Mhz is closer to being a more balanced system than that used by IAhawkeyeDDS, and upgrading his CPU would help?

Regards,

Mike

Yeah Mike, I think you're on the same thought plane as I. I'm thinking that one day maybe we could match the p3d user experience with benchmarks. Of course there isn't much info to make a meaningful connection to anything at the moment, but right off the bat I have taken interest in what you and Sundevil have contributed; two different machines with similar 'user experience' and RealBench image scores.

2 hours ago, Cruachan said:

Can you explain why the RealBench Image editing score is relevant as far as P3D is concerned? Is it more to do with the CUDA core count/parallel processing and the ability of the CPU to feed data to the GPU for certain real-time operations?

Regards,

Mike

I don't know that is relevant - I hope one day that we can make it or others relevant ....but maybe it's just an amalgamation of bench marks and user experiences that can help us make informed decisions in the future.

re: the Real Bench Images test - it claims to focus on single thread cpu and memory performance (I may thrown a curve ball at ya with the cuda claim I made earlier).

4 hours ago, SunDevil56 said:

Given that your system seems to run like a scalded dog, i'd be curious to see what your Superposition benchmark score looks like... You'll probably flog mine and Mike's, but that's ok, like I said my overall experience is quite good, so no complaints here... And it's like you said, this isn't about "my system is great and your's sucks", to me it's more about comparing notes, and seeing what does what on a given setup...😎

Hi Sundevil-

I'll certainly take a look at it ...anything I can do to help the cause. I do have reservation on the bench as I am limited on the bench marks I can run - Win7 with no DirectX 12.

Edited by FunknNasty
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, IAhawkeyeDDS said:

No AM applied at this time.   I would surely try it but I wouldn't know where to start with it.  I think once in the past I may have tried "253" with marginal success.

A 6700K is a quad core CPU, so the suggestions above about trying

[JOBSCHEDULER]
AffinityMask=250

would apply to you.

However, a stutter every 5 sec is a different issue altogether and no AM is going to fix that.  Can you watch with a process monitor while P3D is running, and discover what actually occurs every 5 sec??

Bert

3 hours ago, IAhawkeyeDDS said:

Hi Hawkeye!

Memory can do wonky and mysterious things to a puter. I'm no expert on the subject but if suspect memory issues .....then it probably is.  Nice puter, btw

Edited by FunknNasty

29 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

A 6700K is a quad core CPU, so the suggestions above about trying

[JOBSCHEDULER]
AffinityMask=250

would apply to you.

However, a stutter every 5 sec is a different issue altogether and no AM is going to fix that.  Can you watch with a process monitor while P3D is running, and discover what actually occurs every 5 sec??

OK.   I will give that AM a try.  And now that I think about it I recently bumped up the AA from MSAA to 2xSSAA.  That's probably what has produced my micro-stutter... I'll try backing that back to MSAA.

Thanks!