Sign in to follow this  
Dougal

Can Anyone Identify This Keyboard Issue?

I think this maybe a common issue, but haven't yet found a fix:-(

I've just bought a new USB keyboard:  Corsair K70 LUX (not RGB)

On cold startup of the PC (not hot reset), the keyboard no longer works (although still receives USB power as red LEDs on).

Works fine if I haul out the PC and switch USB ports at the rear.

Anyone know if there's a fix for this?

Try this: Open Control Panel; go into Device Manager; scroll down to USB; check all your usb devices for power managerment feature and uncheck allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

1 hour ago, nordance said:

Try this: Open Control Panel; go into Device Manager; scroll down to USB; check all your usb devices for power managerment feature and uncheck allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

I think thats already set, but will check thanks....

Have you updated the Corsair software Dougal, to the latest? Latest BIOS too. 

When I've had issues like this I simply unplug the USB wait a few seconds and plug back in. 

There is a standby/demo mode on the K70, and you just hit the space bar to continue. 

Disabling legacy USB support in BIOS is also something to try. 

Edited by martin-w

17 minutes ago, martin-w said:

Have you updated the Corsair software Dougal, to the latest? Latest BIOS too. 

When I've had issues like this I simply unplug the USB wait a few seconds and plug back in. 

There is a standby/demo mode on the K70, and you just hit the space bar to continue. 

Disabling legacy USB support in BIOS is also something to try. 

Hi Martin and thanks for that.  Yes to all that, but it seems i've located the problem....

Besides my main keyboard, I also have an extra little USB number pad that I use for views etc.  It seems, that when this is plugged in at Windows startup, Windows decides that's my main keyboard.  If I don't plug that in until after boot, then all is well.  Hope you're all well.