Sign in to follow this  
Gandalf

AI models and repaints

Hi All

Quick question, is there a simple way of determining if an AI model or repaint is compatible with v 4.4? (Other than trying it)

Thanks and Happy New Year to all

Regards

Alan

If it works in FSX or P3D there's 99,9% chance it will work in P3D v4.4

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

1 hour ago, jlund said:

If it works in FSX or P3D there's 99,9% chance it will work in P3D v4.4

Kinda - If is is an FSX model it will likely work in P3DV4. FS9 models work fine for the most part in FSX, but not in P3DV4.

The folks at AIG have converted a bunch of them to work in V4. and  have also created an installer for their packages (currently in public Beta)

AIG AI Manager: https://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?board=247.0

P3DV4 Model list: https://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=25472.0

Light maps also have to be modified. I think, but I have never understood why and never understood how to do it.

I'd suggest using the AI Manager, or a paid solution like UTL.

• Like 1

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Hi

Thanks for the replies, I’m using UTL at the moment but wanted to add repaints for all the Daedalus paints so I’ve been adding models and the corresponding paints. I assumed FSX things worked ok but it’s sometimes difficult to know which are FSX and which are FS9

Cheers

Alan

As far as I recall, if there's FS9 models in FSX/P3D then you won't see any ai traffic. FS9 models blocks the FSX models, but you can easily check that with AIFP under "bulk Traffic" - Find Fs9 traffic files. But why not just rename the TrafficAircraft.bgl in scenery/world/scenery, to off? then you should get rid of all default ai traffic.

Edited by jlund

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

For the last month or so I am in the process of slowly getting rid of UTL for the AIG BGL, As duckbilled mentioned, the new installer is so much more convenient than having to manually install the models/textures, compile plans etc, granted it is still buggy but with the help of AIG dev team, things get resolved rather quickly. Yesterday alone I've installed close to 50 packages, if I was doing this manually, it'd take me weeks probably.

If you want accurate plans and liveries, I'd go with the AIG. As I go and install new AIG plan, I am turning off the UTL plans and over the last month I was shocked to find out how many liveries or models are missing in the commercially released product, a little comical imo.

• Like 2

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

The difference between UTL and AIG is not just missing liveries. The UTL models are also inferior and are are in many cases either the same or only slightly better than the legacy MyT 6 models. That's why one see all those threads about replacing the default UTL models with high quality freeware versions.

But why bother? The new AIG installer does all the work for you. And it provides more accurate flightplans too, which are updated twice a year. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I have been using some version of Ultimate Traffic since 2003, and I have downloaded and installed 1,000's of, if not tens of thousand, models and paints over the years. My last major traffic refresh took over two weeks, and I think my wife was ready to kill me by the end. After that I lived with outdated traffic, but I had filled in most of the missing stuff in UT2. Since FS9 models don't work in P3D, doing a major refresh like that is even more challenging in V4, and considering I have a young child now, I don't have the time. UTL is still a great product, and I'll keep running it for airlines that are not available with the AI Manager, but for me, the AIG AI Manager is game changer. Also having all of the special paints automatically is very cool.

I'll probably end up copying out the converted models from the AI Manager directory and use them as a base to install paints for the airlines that will remain with UTL. Even having all of those converted models in one place saves a lot of work.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad