Sign in to follow this  
1958biggles

2 fps with new update!!

Hi. I downloaded and installed the V4,4 update and it seems to have completely messed things up for me.

I use a laptop when I travel and - even although it runs every other game I have with NO issues - DCS and a few Steam games - this latest update is throwing me. I used to get 25-30 fps with reasonable medium and high graphic settings on P3d V4.3 so I can1t understand what's causing these issues.

Even adjusting the graphics all to low and starting off with the default start up scenario I cannot get more than 3 fps. However if I pause the sim its shoots up to the 70 fps mark - un-pause and it immediately drops down to 2 fps again!

I have updated all my drivers - graphic card etc. and still the same. I even uninstalled P3D and downloaded it again but still the same.

I am running it with an i7 processor, an Nvidia 965 card and 16GB RAM. As I said, I have never had an issue like this before the upgrade.  HELP :0(

• Upvote 1

Did you flush the scenery cache?

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

and delete the other 4 files mentioned in all un-install tut's? 

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

26 minutes ago, jimcarrel said:

and delete the other 4 files mentioned in all un-install tut's? 

OK,,, I’ll step up & ask the question.....

I’m familiar with....

prepar3d.cfg,,, scenery.cfg   <maybe?!>,,,,

I am aware of clearing the shaders cache, but that’s deleting the whole folder,,,

So, in the end, I’m not sure of what the 4 files are.

thx,

m8ke

8 hours ago, 1958biggles said:

Hi. I downloaded and installed the V4,4 update and it seems to have completely messed things up for me.

I use a laptop when I travel and - even although it runs every other game I have with NO issues - DCS and a few Steam games - this latest update is throwing me. I used to get 25-30 fps with reasonable medium and high graphic settings on P3d V4.3 so I can1t understand what's causing these issues.

Even adjusting the graphics all to low and starting off with the default start up scenario I cannot get more than 3 fps. However if I pause the sim its shoots up to the 70 fps mark - un-pause and it immediately drops down to 2 fps again!

I have updated all my drivers - graphic card etc. and still the same. I even uninstalled P3D and downloaded it again but still the same.

I am running it with an i7 processor, an Nvidia 965 card and 16GB RAM. As I said, I have never had an issue like this before the upgrade.  HELP :0(

Hi,
Have you tried disabling your Sound card driver?
Since V4.4 some Realtek drivers can cause this kind of issues.

Edited by David Roch

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

16 hours ago, orbmis said:

OK,,, I’ll step up & ask the question.....

I’m familiar with....

prepar3d.cfg,,, scenery.cfg   <maybe?!>,,,,

I am aware of clearing the shaders cache, but that’s deleting the whole folder,,,

So, in the end, I’m not sure of what the 4 files are.

thx,

m8ke

(this is a copy and paste of folders to delete when un-installing, from one of Poppet's tutorials)

Local Disk (C:) ► Program Files ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v4  (or the modified install location)

Documents ► Prepar3D v4 files \ Prepar3D v4 Add-ons

Local Disk (C:) ► ProgramData ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v4 

Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► You ► AppData ► Roaming ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v4

Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► You ► AppData ► Local ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v4

* I just realized that maybe, this is your first and only install of P3D, if that's the case then you previously wouldn't have had the above folders. 

so my whole suggestion would be a "Moot" point. My apologies

Edited by jimcarrel

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Are you running overclocking software for your graphics card?  If so, try disabling  it.

Try Poppet's suggestion of deleting the Prepar3d.cfg, Shaders folder, and SceneryIndexes_x64 folder. I was getting very poor framerates when I first installed P3D v4 a week ago, but deleting those solved the problem. Just be warned that you will have to change the settings again (graphics/lighting/some keyboard commands etc).

---

Click the link below for a short video.  You will find additional Information in the comments below the video

The SceneryIndexes_x64 folder, The Shaders folder and the Prepar3D.cfg file

Edited by Poppet
edited post to Include link

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Thanks to all for the suggestions but despite doing everything I am still having the same issues......