Sign in to follow this  
snpower

Tweaks Not Applying ?

I have PTA installed, and also ASP4 w/ ASCA, SkyForce, and Envtex. After playing around with some presets, it seems to me that despite the absence of error messages nothing is being applied. I have restored default shaders and my screenshots look the same. Where should I begin troubleshooting? PTA version is 2.63

ATP BE300 BE400 CE500 CE560XL DA20 MU300

Are you running P3Dv4.3 or 4.4? If 4.4, you should be getting a "Water Shaders" error with PTA 2.63.

Check back here soon, as I have a new PTA preset (263_01) about to be released - I'd be interested to see if you have problems with it.

Or you could try my 262_01 preset: https://www.nzfsim.org/index.php?dsp=PTA

Adam.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

Adam, 

I am using 4.4. Yes there was an error but I have been turning off the option in each preset that was causing it before I apply.

I guess I will bump my own thread... still not seeing any changes when I load one preset vs. the next... could use some ideas!

1. Were the "water shader" errors the only ones you got - or were there others?

2. Did you try preset (263_01)?

Adam.

I only received water shader errors, yes.

So I tried applying 263_01 and comparing screenshots I do see some difference(s) now. I've been trying some by Matt, RDS, and Thopat... all look exactly the same.

Looks like we have some progress then <??>.

The important thing to remember is that you absolutely must apply (in P3D itself) the three HDR values associated with each preset. I configured my preset to do it for you automatically, but it may be that your other presets weren't set up that way.

Adam.

23 minutes ago, Adamski_NZ said:

Looks like we have some progress then <??>.

The important thing to remember is that you absolutely must apply (in P3D itself) the three HDR values associated with each preset. I configured my preset to do it for you automatically, but it may be that your other presets weren't set up that way.

Adam.

Admittedly, I did not know that you had to apply those values yourself. Thanks much.

Have we heard anything more about the water shader error fix?

• Upvote 1

Keith (CanAmRyder) Sacramento, Ca USA

i7 13700k 3.4ghz MSI MPG Z790 Gaming Carbon Wifi Nvidia RTX 4080 FE 16gb CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 RAM 64GB DDR5 5600MHz Windows 11 Pro (23H2) Prepar3D v5.4.9.28482 / v6.1.11 LG 34" Ultrawide Curved / ASUS 32" Curved

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.