Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Nvidia Inspector

How do I stop Prepar3d v4 from utilising the settings in Nvidia Inspector? Do I have to uninstall the utility, or is there a way to disable it? I have a persistent microstutter problem in P3D v4 at the moment (annoying as hell), and I want to get rid of it!

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I dont use NI, not necessary...

• Like 2

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

You could reset it back to default on the global setting. (and the P3D setting)

bob

I would like to be able to disable NVI without uninstalling it, so that I can test the settings built into P3D v4. With all past products (FSX and P3Dv2/v3) I have needed the 4X SGSS AA option in NVI to get an acceptable reduction in texture shimmering on fences/light poles/lights etc. It would be nice to think that I could get away with an alternative option in P3D v4, but I am not convinced. However, I absolutely do need to get rid of those microstutters. They are a one way trip to the land of padded cells for me :laugh:

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 2

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Mate, start basic, with a default install, and add stuff in in a planned sequential process. Maybe you'll find it unnecessary to use NI...

You still need a better GPU for AA that tough I'm afraid 😛

• Upvote 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

xaP1VAU.png

The framerates with DL disabled and 4x SGSS AA enabled are just as good as they were in P3D v3, Kevin. Of course, I would prefer DL to be switched on (since I miss the landing lights on my PMDG planes), but my first priority is to resolve that "microstutter" issue.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

13 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

I would like to be able to disable NVI without uninstalling it, so that I can test the settings built into P3D v4. With all past products (FSX and P3Dv2/v3) I have needed the 4X SGSS AA option in NVI to get an acceptable reduction in texture shimmering on fences/light poles/lights etc. It would be nice to think that I could get away with an alternative option in P3D v4, but I am not convinced. However, I absolutely do need to get rid of those microstutters. They are a one way trip to the land of padded cells for me :laugh:

If you export your settings in NI, and then reset back to default, at a later time just import the settings again.

bob

Edited by onebob

I have deleted Nvidia Inspector (I could not find an option to uninstall it), and I will test the settings available in P3D v4. I will then report back to AVSIM Central :smile:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

16 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

I have deleted Nvidia Inspector (I could not find an option to uninstall it), and I will test the settings available in P3D v4. I will then report back to AVSIM Central :smile:

Hi Christopher, I think you will need to restore your NCP settings back to default, just check if the NI settings are still there.

bob

I restored the NVI settings to default before deleting the folder.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

That's good, If you still have a problem reinstalling the display drivers with the '  clean install' option always resets any previous NI/NCP settings back to default.

bob 

Any suggestions regarding those microstutters would be very welcome. The "every three seconds" microstutter seems to be still having fun at my expense, even though I have switched off dynamic lighting, deleted Nvidia Inspector, and upgraded to the latest Nvidia 417.35 graphics drivers. I note that others have mentioned these microstutters with respect to P3D v4, so any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

On a side note.....I have just discovered that a new development company called DC Designs are building a virtual version of EGLF Farnborough for P3D (FS Elite news). Early days yet (by the look of things), but a detailed version of this airport would be very welcome on my PC hard disk :smile:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

re stutters Chris..

Whats your monitor refresh rate? set to 25 or 30Hz if you can, then vsync on and unlimited frames with triple buffet if necessary

xaP1VAU.png

4 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

60Hz is the only option, Kevin.

Not good, pick up a secod hand tv display capable of 25/30Hz - it solves stutters more easily than selling a kidney to get a 2080ti 😛

xaP1VAU.png