Sign in to follow this  
norman s

Key Encrypt download

I am having trouble with this download from the cloud as my machine,Win 10 using Opera browser does not like the file.I have got a copy downloaded however when running the said file It will not open due to  the following message.

Due to a potential virus or unwanted software the program will not function.

All I am wanting is to generate a key for my new installation on a fresh machine!

Can anyone please help?

Norman,

You should have an override option with your antivirus software to confirm the file is safe. I’ve been using it in Windows 10 without issue.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi ray ,

Thanks, I am only using Defender so will investigate it further.

I want to set up RC on this new machine having not used RC for about 12 months when original machine gave up!!!

20 minutes ago, norman s said:

Hi ray ,

Thanks, I am only using Defender so will investigate it further.

I want to set up RC on this new machine having not used RC for about 12 months when original machine gave up!!!

Hi Norman,

If it's Windows itself that is throwing up the warning then if you press More there should be an option to run anyway. Thereafter it treats the file as trusted and you don't get the warning.

If you have a second PC with WideFS running that can be a better solution as you can use ShowText to display RC info on a separate window and not interfere with the FS one.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather