Sign in to follow this  
barneycanoe

Can you get the C421 props into full feather?

I tried an engine failure yesterday and could only pull the prop back to the low pitch range, not further into the feather range. Visually the props did seem a bit feathered. Is this something that is not modelled in the C421 or am I missing something.

Thanks

Dave

My rig is in the shop atm, but I seem to remember P3D has a feather prop setting in the controls section--look for propellers, feather, etc.  I have to admit I may have mixed this up with the Carenado Cheyenne II, but it's worth a look.

Edited by StewartH

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

Ok, but doesn't FSX have something similar regarding prop settings or feathering?  I've forgotten.

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

Working prop pitch?!  Bear in mind this is Alabeo! I don't think you're supposed to worry your pretty little head about such things. :smile:

How long does it take for 'smug' to wear off after buying an EV?

"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled". Whoever said it wasn't wrong!

Dave, have you seen this thread for info on the advanced physics model.

Edited by MartinRex007

Thank you, yes I have and it is installed and working fine 🙂 Just trying for the ultimate realism I suppose. Very happy with the airplane.

Dave

With the mod installed, you‘ll have realistic feather times of about 2 s. Full feather, prop stops.

Pilot licenses: CPL, IRI, C510, MEP, CRI SEP
P3D V5 professional
CPU: i9-10900K, GPU: RTX 3090, MB: MSI Z490A PRO,
SSD: M.2 Samsung 970 EVO Plus (2 TB) + M.2 (1 TB) , RAM: 32 GB (3600 MHz, CL_16-16-16-36),
water cooling: Heatkiller IV Pro + MO-RA3 420 LT, Display: Panasonic 58“ 4K