Sign in to follow this  
barneycanoe

GTN 750 popup issues in Alabeo C421

First, thanks to Bert and Ryan for their informative posts.

I have got the Reality XP GTN 750 working (Finally!) in the Alabeo C421. What puzzles me is that in the C182 and the Milviz 310 Redux I used Bert's fix  to be able to popup and close the GTN 750 by clicking on the left side of the bezel. However, in the C421 I can close that way but to open the popup I have to left click on the top of the bezel in the VC. I discovered this by accident after spending two or thee hours trying to figure out why two aircraft worked and the C421 didn't.

Any ideas why?

Dave

The C421 model does not have a clickspot on the left frame.. you will have to use the top of the frame as you found out..

This is not unusual for Carenado/Alabeo models..

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 1

Bert

On 12/31/2018 at 12:15 PM, barneycanoe said:

First, thanks to Bert and Ryan for their informative posts.

I have got the Reality XP GTN 750 working (Finally!) in the Alabeo C421. What puzzles me is that in the C182 and the Milviz 310 Redux I used Bert's fix  to be able to popup and close the GTN 750 by clicking on the left side of the bezel. However, in the C421 I can close that way but to open the popup I have to left click on the top of the bezel in the VC. I discovered this by accident after spending two or thee hours trying to figure out why two aircraft worked and the C421 didn't.

Any ideas why?

Dave

Re: Alabeo 421, as well as other aircraft.

Is there a reason you do not wish to use a right-click instead?  On the GTN touch screen and buttons the left click is used to make selections on the gauge screen and its knobs and keys. Thus why a right click method is provided instead to pop or unpop the 2D popup gauge.

Using that method I do not need to fuss with clicking on the top or side of a bezel. I can right-click anywhere on the gauge in the VC to pop it up, and right-click anywhere on the popup to close it back to the VC.

Let me know if you want more information.

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Thanks Bert.

fppilot, right-clicking does not work for any of the three planes I have it installed in.

Dave

1 hour ago, barneycanoe said:

fppilot, right-clicking does not work for any of the three planes I have it installed in.

I have right clicking working flawlessly in the C421.  Are you familiar with the process of establishing the right click action? It takes adding in some additional parameters to the RealityXP.GTN.ini file and panel.cfg file.  These are my examples with my own settings for the size and placement of the popup window that I prefer.

in RealityXP.GTN.ini"
-------------------
[GTN_750_1.POP_RXP]   ;; note that this name is user defined
popright = 14532

[GTN_750_1.POP_NO_BEZEL]   ;; note that this name is user defined
nobezel = true
popright = 14532
brightness.screen = -40
---------------------

In panel.cfg:
=================
[Window07]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=937,887
ident=14532
window_pos= 0.7600, 0.600
window_size=0.2295, 0.3915
zorder=99
gauge00=rxpGTN!GTN_750_1,  0,0,937,887, POP_RXP
=================
and:
=================
[Vcockpit01]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=1024,1024
visible=1
pixel_size=1024,1024
texture=$Panel_1
gauge00=rxpGTN!f1vc.xml,0,0,1,1
gauge01=rxpGTN!GTN_750_1,  0,0,667,794, POP_NO_BEZEL
gauge02=Automixture!Automixture,  1,1,1,1
====================
Then to overcome the issue of knob and keys operation on the VC GTN you need an .xml file in a subfolder of the C421's panel folder.

The "popright =" values in the .ini file must exactly match the "ident =" value in the panel.cfg file.

What are the other two aircraft?

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere