Sign in to follow this  
Trubshaw

FSX Default ATC

Hello All

I had done FSX on and off for many years, but spent 95% my time trying to improve performance, never done much flying ,only now enjoying the flying, I live in the UK but due to radio aids I fly out of Columbia USA.

First time ever tried a full short route KCAE to KCSH on thr coast

First flight Gate 2 , happed to have Tug in front of the Plane, used the shift P key for push back.

Second time no Tug there, How do I call up a Tug. Used shift P all working but no Tug.

Used the R/T promps , Switched on Progressive Taxyway, and R/T all the way to Rwy Hold 05 

The route took me across the other runway without a clearance, .? Anyway got all the way to KCSH , told to exit runway, and taxi to gate,  I clicked progressive taxyway,, but nothing come up, I’m in 2000m RVR, so I just switched off. Why did progressive taxy not work at Destnation Airport.

It would be very useful if someone listed all the key commands for FSX and any use tips to help out.

Use of R/T make it much more realistic 

Hope someone takes the time to list a few commands out , and those not listed in FSX

Many Thanks

Trubshaw

If you have GSX you can call a tug but usually your engines must be off first.  PMDG aircraft you can call a tug.  Shift+P for the default.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Trubshaw, I believe progressive taxi arrows do not show up consistently in DirectX 10 Preview Mode unless you have Steve's DirectX 10 Fixer or similar tweaks.  They should show up after landing after you receive clearance from Ground to taxi to your parking destination (and you select turn on Progressive Taxi).

I am guessing you have an add-on for pushback (GSX?).  I do not have ground service add-ons and Shift+J gives me pushback whether or not there is a tug in front of my aircraft.

Sim: Prepar3D 5.2 (main) and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020), CH Eclipse Yoke, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA Side Stick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Cessna trim wheel, TrackIR 5, SPAD.neXt running 3 Saitek Logitech panels, ButtKicker Gamer 2, Razer Naga Chroma gaming mouse

System: Intel i5-10600K CPU @ 4.10 GHz, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 64GB DDR4 RAM @ 4200 MHz, ASRock Z490M Pro4, 2TB Intel NVMe SSD 660p, 3 monitors

36 minutes ago, BF Bullpup said:

Shift+J gives me pushback

Shift+J brings the gate to your aircraft or takes it away.  Pushback - default is Shift+P.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

If you have an Android phone, there is an app from Play Store called FSX Key Commands that list most, if not all keyboard commands.

Edited by dr_opus2001

1 hour ago, Jim Young said:

Shift+J brings the gate to your aircraft or takes it away.  Pushback - default is Shift+P.

Sorry thanks.  😁

Sim: Prepar3D 5.2 (main) and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020), CH Eclipse Yoke, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA Side Stick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Cessna trim wheel, TrackIR 5, SPAD.neXt running 3 Saitek Logitech panels, ButtKicker Gamer 2, Razer Naga Chroma gaming mouse

System: Intel i5-10600K CPU @ 4.10 GHz, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 64GB DDR4 RAM @ 4200 MHz, ASRock Z490M Pro4, 2TB Intel NVMe SSD 660p, 3 monitors

Don't count on every airport giving you progressive taxi.  Some won't even give you a parking space, depending on what you are flying.

• P.S.  Saw over at the SOH site in the FSX forum there is a topic with a link back to this site discussing RadarContact being released as freeware:biggrin:

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Thanks Chaps.

ive been away for many years , no I don’t have GSX and I have never tried Dirext X 10 is this better than 9 .

is it The DX 10 preview, nerver tried that, or is there a download called DX10 you refer to.

My aircraft is the Colenado King Air 350,  Wipers and weather radar work in 2D Panel. The turbine spool up and down is to slow compared to a real aircraft otherwise very good.

Alan

I will post my findings as of interest to others. Route KCAE KCSH useing

FSCommand loaded Flight Plan , Gate2.

Tug, Not there, so upped FSX airport traffic slider  till Tug Appered , then flew went back to setting and upped slider one more, Tug now remains at both airports.

Using GoFlight ATC Box, sometimes could not change frequency. So end up taxing all the way back to gate,  Solution, using Go Flight Box you have to keep FSX s ATC menus box active, ie a click on it, if you go use your mouse  elsware  the ATC Menue is not active, so Romberg to click back on it to make it active. If you use a mouse pointer to change frequency they no problem.

My Question have filed  IFR Flight Plan KCAE let you go fly. But dives instructions and heading to fly straight to KCSH, it’s not allowing me to follow my filed zig zag route.

How to I get ATC to say report passing EDI ete.

Alan