Sign in to follow this  
Nigel

MSSTDFMT.DLL Problems

Firstly many thanks for releasing Radar Contact as freeware this is very much appreciated.

Even though I have read right through all the problems associated with msstdfmt.dll I cannot get Radar  Contact to work.  I have even re-installed it over the original installation but to no effect, I have also looked in Windows for the dll but it is not there so hoping that someone would be able to suggest how I can obtain this file in order to run RCv4.  I have looked on the Microsoft site to see if there is one to download as I mistrust other sites but unfortunately Microsoft do not have it (that I could see).

Does this dll come with RC4 and if so do I need to re-download it just in case the download missed something.

Any help would be appreciated.  Incidentally, I tried all methods given in past posts.  I am running Win10 64bit and the dll file is in neither folder of system 32 or SysWOW 64.

Regards

Nigel.

Nigel,

I suggest you write to the address JD provided in the pinned top topic. He should be ably to help. I have RC4 installed on a W7 PC and I don’t have access to my main W10 PC in order to check.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Nigel - I got mine from dlldownloader.com - had no AV or spyware hits. Copied it to the syswow64 folder and registered it in the system. All worked fine.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Ray, vgbaron, very many thanks for your help and quick response to my problem,  I downloaded the dll from the site given by vgbaron and then registered it through DOS.  

Radar Contact is now up and running and presently I am working my way through the manual.

By all accounts, this appears to be a fantastic ATC add-on and will definitely keep me on my toes when flying!!

Presently using FSX and although I have X Plane 11 I will be looking towards P3d to run as well sometime in 2019 and really pleased to know that RC works in that sim.

Again, many thanks for your help.

Regards
Nigel.

Nigel,

Glad you resolved the problem. To best learn how to use RC4 you should fly the ones in the tutorial.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

17 hours ago, vgbaron said:

Nigel - I got mine from dlldownloader.com - had no AV or spyware hits. Copied it to the syswow64 folder and registered it in the system. All worked fine.

Vic

I did a search for this dll on that site and didn't find it. Should the search be under a certain category?

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

17 hours ago, vgbaron said:

Vic

I found it. Thanks

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

Hi Lenny777 good to hear that you got it OK, took me a few minutes to locate it as there were so many of the dll blighters though being in alphabetical order helped enormously.

Regards

Nigel.

I tried to access dlldownloader.com. My Malawarebytes protector popped up with a warning that the cite contains a Trojan. I have also read warnings elsewhere about using that source....

Sherm

I have followed all the suggestions in the forums. MSSTDFMT.dll has been downloaded many times and placed in all the recommended folders, one at a time.  I still get a

Run-time Error 713

Class not registered

You need the following file to be installed on your machine

MSSTDFMT.dll

Any suggestion gratefully accepted.

Bob (theyorks)

You need to register the DLL. This pinned topic should help.

But before that you need to save the downloaded file to the correct folder. The help provided in this topic should give you the answer. You may get more help if you state your OS.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather