Sign in to follow this  
Adamski_NZ

Tweaking into 2019

15 minutes ago, ST1322 said:

You never show the VC and/or night lightning...

True! Because 90% of the tweaks relate to colour (palette) and scenery/clouds shading - none of which are really visible at night. Funnily enough, though, I did include a VC shot in my latest TS preset: https://www.nzfsim.org/index.php?dsp=TS

I'll post up some VC shots for PTA and maybe some night lighting, though I rarely fly at night. I love watching the scenery roll by and get quickly bored when it's all dark.

Adam.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

Super. I need to look closer at your presets. I’m flying at night sometimes and I keep struggling that sometimes nights are simply too dark. Taxing is almost impossible - taxi light barely visible. Then cockpit as well. It has to be dark but dark in a way that you still manage to find “some” switches without the need of switching lights on. I can see that you include some basic explanation “what if”. Much appreciated.

Personally I find many presets too dark, at least the ones which are very popular.

Edited by ST1322

Tom Link

Adam -- does your preset address the issue of overexposed desert areas? For some reason in 4.4 when I use a preset the deserts are way overexposed. No problem when I restore the original shaders -- the desert areas look fine. Any help would be appreciated. I have the same problem as Tooting does as shown in Gerald's thread, page 4. And I don't believe it is because the original is overexposed.

Thanks!

P.

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

11 hours ago, ST1322 said:

Super. I need to look closer at your presets. I’m flying at night sometimes and I keep struggling that sometimes nights are simply too dark. Taxing is almost impossible - taxi light barely visible. Then cockpit as well. It has to be dark but dark in a way that you still manage to find “some” switches without the need of switching lights on. I can see that you include some basic explanation “what if”. Much appreciated.

Personally I find many presets too dark, at least the ones which are very popular.

Let me know how how you get on with night lighting in my last preset (263_01) and I'll incorporate any feedback into 263_02). I rarely fly at night, so have left most of the night tweak values at default. As with cloud/sky textures, there are many applications out there that can effect size/colour of night lighting (the actual lights, that is) - as well as all the usual complexities of how the terrain receives available light (moonlight etc.). You then have to factor in that many aircraft models use different lighting methods for taxi lights etc. It's all a bit of a nightmare, really - and totally impossible to cover all bases satisfactorily.

8 hours ago, pgde said:

Adam -- does your preset address the issue of overexposed desert areas? For some reason in 4.4 when I use a preset the deserts are way overexposed. No problem when I restore the original shaders -- the desert areas look fine. Any help would be appreciated. I have the same problem as Tooting does as shown in Gerald's thread, page 4. And I don't believe it is because the original is overexposed.

Give me some screenshots with SLEW info showing and I'll check! I did have a bit of a problem with some areas in N.California. When I beefed them up a bit in PTA, all my green areas ended up way over saturated.

Adam.

Hi Adam,

Just a note to say your latest preset works great here in SE Alaska - maybe because the terrain is so much like New Zealand?

Anyway for how I use it it's another home run.

Thanks,

Bob

6 hours ago, rgerdes said:

Just a note to say your latest preset works great here in SE Alaska - maybe because the terrain is so much like New Zealand?

Anyway for how I use it it's another home run.

Thanks, Bob - much appreciated!

Funnily enough - I do think Alaska is similar to NZ (South Island) - at least as far as the way the mountains are treated. After NZ, Alaska is probably my most often visited ORBX area. Of course, we're blessed down here in NZ - as we also get a really lush NZNI, with loads of bush - going from pine to palm trees - all of which I have to say ORBX renders beautifully.

Adam.

Hey Adam -- I just loaded your newest preset and after turning down the brightness a bit in the Lighting section, things look great. If I run across this problem again, will post screenshots. Just FYI, I am a Megascenery user, not ORBX (except Alaska).

Thanks so much for your work!

P.

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

6 hours ago, pgde said:

Hey Adam -- I just loaded your newest preset and after turning down the brightness a bit in the Lighting section, things look great. If I run across this problem again, will post screenshots. Just FYI, I am a Megascenery user, not ORBX (except Alaska).

Thanks so much for your work!

Great stuff, P! Thanks for the feedback!

.. Hi Matt! 👍

Adam.

On 1/3/2019 at 12:35 AM, ST1322 said:

You never show the VC and/or night lightning...

Here you go ... (!!!) ... all with my PTA 263_01:

pta-263-01-10-saab340vc-1350.jpg?dl=1

pta-263-01-11-pmdg737vc-1350.jpg?dl=1

pta-263-01-12-pmdg737-nightvc-1350.jpg?d

pta-263-01-13-pmdg737-night-608-1350.jpg

pta-263-01-14-pmdg737-nightvc-578-1350.j

pta-263-01-15-pmdg737-night-298-1350.jpg

pta-263-01-16-pmdg737-night-945-1350.jpg

Tell me when to stop! 🤣

Adam.

Hi Adam,

Woho! Those images are fantastic, as are the images in your original post.

Methinks it’s time to pop over to https://www.nzfsim.org/index.php?dsp=PTA and download 263.01

Well done, Adam! Without doubt, you are the master 🙂

Thank you for all your skilful work!

Best regards,

Mike

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.