Sign in to follow this  
Sims Smith

Some suggestions to improve VR experience

Good evening, 

I had my first successful VR flight flight using P2A and XP 11.30rc2 . I was using WMR Samsung Odyssey plus + MoveVR plugin.  I would love to use voice to manipulate Pilot2ATC UI and here are some example.

P2A zoom in

P2A zoom out

P2A show Airborne and Ground Traffic

P2A center Map on Aircraft

P2A show map as (Chart, Sat, Terrain, Street, Hi, Low)

thanks

System Spec 1: Nvidia RTX 4090,  AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D, Res 5120x1440, HP Reverb G2
System Spec 2: AMD Radeon RX 7900XT, Intel I-9 9990K, Res 3840x1080, HP Reverb G2

I've been using the same VR setup and love it.  For me, I would take a simple text window that I can bring into the cockpit that has a transcript of the ATC communications zoomed to a size that I can read.  Without being able to actually take notes (clearance, radio feq's ect) it would fill the void.

17 hours ago, Sims Smith said:

Good evening, 

I had my first successful VR flight flight using P2A and XP 11.30rc2 . I was using WMR Samsung Odyssey plus + MoveVR plugin.  I would love to use voice to manipulate Pilot2ATC UI and here are some example.

P2A zoom in

P2A zoom out

P2A show Airborne and Ground Traffic

P2A center Map on Aircraft

P2A show map as (Chart, Sat, Terrain, Street, Hi, Low)

thanks

You could try Voice Attack, that may be able to do what your asking. I have used it before with X-Plane but not with P2A and it is a very good piece of software for voice control in simulators.

thanks for the suggestions.

The transcript is available in the SayIt Plus window which can be resized to show only the transcript.  I've not ever tried just bringing that into the cockpit, but it might work.

Dave

Thanks for suggestion.  I tried the main window reduced to just radio stack and resized it way down but ended up with a LOOOOONG window that that was not usable. I will try sayit window tonight.

Hope things are getting better for you.

WORKED GREAT!

So I used the SayIt + window resized it so basically was only text part of window showing. Then made it taller to show more text; brought it into VR using (X-Plane) MoveVR plugin; positioned it in close but out of the way place and used it for recorded Notes (taken with no pen).  

I could push the buttons but couldn't scroll text.  That's why I made it tall so I didn't loose the clearance or any other stuff ATC spoke immediately.  I used the clear button to "Erase the window and get a new page.

Maybe not perfect but a huge step forward!

Thanks!

I've started to use this as well, however my SayIT+ window seems to only work intermittently?

i.e. no phrase choices appear in the Speech Assistant drop down, and the ATC speech does not appear in the text window.

I connect to the sim first, and the standard SayIT window and text box work fine, just the SayIT+ remains blank.

Then, it can spontaneously start working.  I've not been able to figure out what to do to make it work straight away as intended, every time.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Edited by wsanders75

You must be on a valid frequency with a controller that supports interaction ( so not ATIS, AWOS, etc).  You may need to select the Phrase type (Request, Report, Info, etc) before something will show up in the Phrases Dropdown.

You also must click on one of the Phrases before anything shows up in the speech text window.

If only the speech text window is showing, then likely you won't be able to make the necessary selections and it would appear to be inoperative.

Ok so I spent a bunch more time trying to get ANYTHING to show up in the SayIT+ window I double checked that I am on a useful freq.  Nothing in the drop downs ect.

The Normal SayIt window (or whatever its called) on the main screen populates with stuff but when I opent the + window nothing.  BTW it seems the window is kind of stuck... by this it seems Not to remember its last sized when closed; instead its a size back when it worked and I was bringing it into VR.