Sign in to follow this  

Getting an odd warning from Windows when I try to extract 2.63, specifically the .exe. It is actually preventing the extraction with the warning that Trojan Win32/Spursint.F!cl be removed immediately.

I downloaded from the SimTweaks website (originally purchased from SimMarket) and don't recall this with previous versions.

2po1h7p.jpg

False positive,

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

28 minutes ago, pgde said:

False positive,

I was kind of hoping for more than that, even if that is the case. I downloaded the version for Prepar3d V3 and it doesn't lead to any flags by Windows.

I'll look into it but we're remaking PTA from scratch with some new methods, plus it'll have a code signing certificate attached to it which will eliminate any, as pdge says, "false positives".

Matt Davies

Founder/CEO - Mettar Simulations

=====
Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA) available here: https://www.simtweaks.com
projectFLY - one of the most used virtual aviation platforms (now with GLOBAL schedules):  https://www.projectfly.co.uk

I'm getting the same issue. As soon as I download it gives me this warning. Just checking to see if your files haven't been compromised or anything?

Nah they haven't. We submitted PTA to Microsoft to get it cleared from their blacklist - they've emailed us back saying it's been done so hopefully it will reflect in the next update. 

Matt Davies

=====
projectFLY - one of the most used virtual aviation platforms (now with GLOBAL schedules):  https://www.projectfly.co.uk

Hi.

tried to download the last PTA 2.66 today.

Not able to, antivirus says its virus and stops download.

It has even deleted PTA from my PC.

What do I do?

^Same here.... this is absolutely unacceptable.  I can't even download software I paid for.  I'll tolerate this for freeware...but really.... for payware shader sweet this is not going to fly moving forward..... handle it.....this should be a priority!

It's up to the user to configure their system and security suite to be able to download files from known sources that have been downloaded and used by many thousands of others without issue. Disabling your antivirus while downloading and installing software for the sim is actually quite common, even recommended by ORBX, FSDT, Aerosoft, and others to help avoid issues.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

14 hours ago, Skoop said:

^Same here.... this is absolutely unacceptable.  I can't even download software I paid for.  I'll tolerate this for freeware...but really.... for payware shader sweet this is not going to fly moving forward..... handle it.....this should be a priority!

Why is it their fault when you don't have your security settings correct? I agree with Dave_YVR.

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

15 hours ago, Skoop said:

Please, for your own sake, go outside & take a few deep breaths. 

We've already dealt with it - Microsoft have acknowledged it was a false positive and updated their database accordingly. 

Matt Davies

=====

Not sure what's going on with this issue, but your pta is the only software that does this on my system.  I couldn't even turn off the built in win10 protection to download it, windows won't let me.  I worked around by downloading on a mac and installing it via thumbdrive, but sure enough 3 days later windows attacks and removes it as malicious.  So I guess I'll just use REX EF and Tomato shade from here on out.  

I'm getting this issue also, My sim pc is but a week old and I'm concerned about this download. I'm getting warnings of a severe threat. You say microsoft have updated their database, so why do i still get this warning?

Thankyou.

Regards, BigBadStato

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.