Sign in to follow this  
YukonPete

P3D4.4 crash DXGI ERROR DEVICE HUNG Prepar3D v4

Ever since I installed P3D 4.4 I get the following random crash. It can be 30min into a flight or 2 hours. But my last 4 flights have all crashed with this Nvidia error. DXGI ERROR DEVICE HUNG Prepar3D v4. I have tried to clean install different drivers but nothing fixes it. Any ideas? Thanks in Advance.

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

6 minutes ago, YukonPete said:

Ever since I installed P3D 4.4 I get the following random crash. It can be 30min into a flight or 2 hours. But my last 4 flights have all crashed with this Nvidia error. DXGI ERROR DEVICE HUNG Prepar3D v4. I have tried to clean install different drivers but nothing fixes it. Any ideas? Thanks in Advance.

Do you use Nvidia Inspector by chance?  I had this issue as well a while back in 4.3 and disabling my NVI profile fixed the issue.

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

nope have not used Nvidia Inspector since moving to P3Dv4. Thanks

Pete Richards

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

Try not overclocking your GPU.

If you get desperate, read this thread:

It is possible your 750W power supply is not able to deliver enough power.

There is a long list of possibilities.

Edited by glider1

59 minutes ago, glider1 said:

Try not overclocking your GPU.

If you get desperate, read this thread:

It is possible your 750W power supply is not able to deliver enough power.

There is a long list of possibilities.

I don't over clock.

Pete Richards

Does it report device hung when P3D is fullscreen or only when other apps have the focus like web browsers etc?

Could this be merged with the other threads about this problem?

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

Think I fixed my own version of the problem. I made some changes and played around some.  No more  DXGI ERROR DEVICE HUNG Prepar3D v4 and I am now on my 4th flight crash free. Before I couldn't go an hour without it crashing. What I did was limit my GPU ( 1080TI ) power to 90% with MSI Afterburner. I also disabled hyper-threading in my Bios and I changed my Nvidia driver 391.35.  I am not sure if it was a combination of changes I made or one thing. I just happy I am able to fly again.  Cheers 

Pete Richards

Glad you have it fixed again.  It makes sense as people like me who do not have the MSI Afterburner installed, do not see these crashes.  I personally have the ASUS GPU TweakII installed and use the Silent and OC mode but have not touched any of the settings.  I did manually raise the fan speed a couple of times but my temps stay within the parameters when running P3DV4.4.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Do you have any tweaks on the GTX 1050?  Are you overclocking the 1050?  Do you use the MSI Afterburner?

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I had the same problem found it was my AORUS GRAPHIC ENGINE uninstalled it and every thing has returned to normal

To be on the safe side I reinstalled the program and the problem came back so I uninstalled it again and all back to normal

Thanks for your solution.  Your response matches those of many other responses.  The add-on graphics card programs seem to be the issue for some reason. 

Submit News to AVSIM

Doesn't apply to me and I have the same problem. OP posted this Jan 1st and still no solution? I have had about enough of this program. One problem after another. Every morning I try to make a flight and it's always something not working right that takes a long time to fix. I'm just going to wait for FS2020. hopefully it won't have this many problems. Very disappointing.

If you read the other topics about this error you will see it is the program that video card makers add to the software distributed with the video card.  This does not happen with just P3D and flight simulators but almost every program developed including non-flight simulation games.  Just google the error and you'll see a lot of frustrated people.  In my case, with the 1080ti I bought, I received a ASUS tweaking program that was automatically installed on my system with overclocking already set up.  I tried to modify this program and did not get the DXGI error but I had crashes and went back to the default settings ASUS had set up.  Heck, the card is fast enough even without overclocking!  I think where people get the most errors though is when they get rid of the ASUS tweaking program and install the MSI tweaking program.  It was never designed for the ASUS video cards and the automatic overclocks the MSI set up may not be compatible.  Of course, you could also have an incompatible add-on that is not working right and that is making things worse for the overclocked cards with tweaking programs (I think every video card manufacturer includes a tweaking program with their cards as they know this is what the customer wants).  If you do not see your tweaking program, perhaps the icon never made it to the desktop or something was put into quarantine in your anti-virus/malware programs.  In any case, the majority says it is the tweaking program where people try to overclock their $1000 plus video card even more to get even more performance and power.  Some $19.99 add-ons for P3D simply cannot handle these $1000 cards.

Submit News to AVSIM